Search the forum,

Discuss Electricity meter running/blinking even with electricity off at the mains in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Yes, that is a clear indication something is wrong.

The "running even with the mains off" clearing means something is wrong. Given the usurious charges they talking about if no fault found, I would get an electrician in to inspect the cables and CU (consumer unit = fuse box) to rule out some unknown load / theft of supply, and if they confirm the meter is running with no load then you should have no problem in getting if fixed and hopefully the bills going back corrected.
Hello there, this is what I intend to do if they carry on wasting my time.

I am posting an additional note in case it's useful to anyone in a similar situation: the whole thing is made more confused by the fact that I - like many more BG customers - was moved from one system (the Classic one) to another (I think it's called New Energy) last April, at exactly the same time where the highest rise was recorded. At that point and in just over 2 months they recorded a jump in consumption of almost 2,000 kwh.
So I suspect there might have been an additional issue with the migration process too, on top of a clear technical mistake.

Now the two systems do not seem to be in touch with each other, and the checking of the two accounts have not been coordinated at all, so it is a real mess.

Reply to Electricity meter running/blinking even with electricity off at the mains in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, need some advice, I moved over from Sse in 2020 to Octpus energy. Whilst I was with SSE I was on E10 when I went over to octopus they put me...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone In September 2023 I rented a beautiful 3 bedroom apartment, with all electric supply, no gas powered appliances. I noted down the...
Replies
Views
3 Phase Smart Meter EDMI ES -30 B Install I have a question regarding the potential replacement of my existing EON supplied ELSTER A1140 3...
Replies
Views
Good morning all, I am currently working on a House in Multiple Occupation (HMO) consisting of 10 flats, with three parking spots equipped with...
Replies
Views
Can anybody advise? I have a 3 rate old style electricy meter with 3 rates (day, night, and stored energy) Storage heaters are completely off at...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock