Discuss End of Solar in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Call me optimistic but I still think there's an argument to be had about the C rating which is what will kill pv in April. So I think all this doom and gloom is a little premature.

End of Solar - I don't know what your motivation is but if you've watched the forum as you say you have then you'll know that it's a source of education, information and support. If you can't be bothered to enter into the spirit of the forum, perhaps you shouldn't bother at all.

Smug condescension really ****es me off :32:

I thought this forum was here to assist other people within the trade not to critisis or even gloat when others are going through difficult times, may be you had forsight to see the P.V boom would not last but I would have hoped this site was here to assist others through this not and to run them down. If that is not your way then I suggest you take your comments elsewhere.
If people are run down by my comments then they do it themselves without reading fully, contemplating what is written and then judging. That is proven by the first reply being within 10 minutes. My comments were put on here to put into plain words what is being avoided on here, the elephant in the room as it were. If people want to get offended by my comments that is up to them, if they want to get run down by what I have to say then that is weak. If you read it carefully you will see there is advice along with the criticism, it's up to you lot to see it. I am sorry I had to put my points across so forcefully but it needed saying.

no it didn't.
but thank you so much for your advice, I so needed it. If only I knew who you were if ever I needed really great advice again in the future I could contact you!!

I am easilly traceable through my user name, thats why I use it.

Just like me then. My first name is Bill, that is all you have to know, that is more than what most people include who have been a wee bit nasty to me, but you don't see me wanting more details, only yourself who expected me to reveal my identity. In what way, name, address?

You can't really complain about people being "a wee bit nasty" when the tone and content of your post kicked it all off.

BiggsSolar, why do you find it odd that I mention an Alan Sugar quote when talking about the strengths of a business, maybe you too missed the point entirely. A true entrepreneur moves quickly and does not try and change what is already set in stone, something that has been discussed on here frequently.

If you honestly think that Alan Sugar would have simply shrugged and moved on to something else then you really don't know the man.

It wasn't just the motivated and driven that got into the solar industry, it was also the opportunist and you don't just win back work with enthusiasm.

True, a lot of opportunists got into solar as well - but this isn't the majority. The kind of people that can move their business in another direction are kind of people that can move their business back again. They will be ringing your customers and they will be winning the work.

I can't see how this all gave me room to breathe, it seems you think that I had a crap business 2 years ago

You said it. Your business grew after the other electrician's moved on to fitting solar.

The truth is, and I truly wish it wasn't the case, that price is the number one factor in winning electrical work. You may be winning that electrical contract now for £10k, but in a couple of months time you'll be priced out by the £9k sparks. If you think that loyalty from your customer is going to negate that issue then you're deluded.

Solar end

A little note to all the electricians in here who, over the past few weeks , are calling for a U-turn in the government's proposed changes in the FIT.

Did you think this industry was sustainable with the 43.3p FIT? It has been clear for some time now it has not been and was going to be cut quickly. There had been rumours from the DECC for some time now that this cut was going to happen, but most solar companies where so focussed on the money they were making they were unable to see the future. It came as no surprise to me that it happened a couple of weeks after there was public outcry about the rise in energy prices, yet it seems that many on here have struggled to make the link until well after the event. Yes nobody expected it to be what it is, but then that's mid term governments for you. They will not change what they a doing so don't waste your ink and paper. Most manufacturers are encouraging you all to complain but what you may not realise is *it's them that are the big losers in all this. The FIT dictates the price of most of the goods that go into the installation. Do you think it costs ¥1000 (£100) to manufacturer a panel in China?

Many solar companies have been set up over the past 2 years to take advantage of a solar revolution, well the revolution is over now so they all need to focus on the furure of their businesses not harp on about how badly they have been treated. Many 'solar' electricians have said they have been concentrating on the solar side of their business because there is no electrical work. My electrical work has expanded almost as much in the past 12 months as the solar, except the past 4 weeks obviously. That, I believe, is due to the short sightedness of many electrical companies. Good luck renewing the old ties to your electrical customers because I believe most are lost to you after you 'neglected' them. That is quoted directly from 3 companies who have handed me work since their prior electrical contactor gave them the shove in favour of... you guessed it - solar.

My motives for writing this is simply to make most people here realise the reality of the situation. The end for a lot of companies is nigh, I know a few who have financed themselves on projected figures, that may be why some are desperate for a U-turn. Some are in for a crappy time, but then you had the good time and cashed in short term, very bad business practice if you don't have a contingency plan. I*have tried to disagree in the past with Alan Sugar, not directly as I have never had the pleasure, that engineers never make good business men. I have to say now many of you have demonstrated he does have a valid point.

Bill

Your post is so shallow, ill informed and written in a style designed to antagonise I was not going to reply. However I will give you the benefit of doubt that it was written in a Saturday night Special Brew haze.

This morning this is the latest news out from Chris Huhne is that the "The UK is set to pour up to £1 billion of taxpayers money into helping African countries fight climate change", the sum pledged is greater than the FIT budget (which does not even come from the Treasury budget). For someone who sees the Solar PV industry with such clarity I was wondering if you could explain this latest move by the Government with equal clarity?

http://www.electriciansforums.net/p...llion-uk-aid-fight-climate-change-africa.html

The UK is set to pour up to £1 billion of taxpayers money into helping African countries fight climate change.

Reveal myself? Na! I would just get hate mail because you passnately disagree with my opinion which I am entitled to along with my anonymity.

End of Solar, I do have the benefit of knowing who you are & the other identity you use on our forums.

Seeing as forum rules state you are only permitted one username at a time, perhaps you would be good enough to PM me with your choice of which one to remove please.

thank you.

End of solar, I'm not going to hand it to you on a plate. You can very easilly find out who I am and how to contact me from my user name, but I would at least expect you to show a little intelligence in working it out, or are you really as stupid as you appear!!

Hussar for the moderators!!

End of Solar, I do have the benefit of knowing who you are & the other identity you use on our forums.

Seeing as forum rules state you are only permitted one username at a time, perhaps you would be good enough to PM me with your choice of which one to remove please.

thank you.

Ha the powers of the Super Moderators lol

Reply to End of Solar in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net