Discuss Extension cable help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Sorry wasn't sure which category to post this in: anyway need some help it's a long story but basically very annoying housemate...

How can I subtly ruin Thier extension cable undetected, they charge Thier stuff up all night with window open and it really annoys me so just want 1 night of satisfaction where they think it's charging only to find in the morning it has not charged...

Suggestions?
Could I tamper with the fuse?
I'm a totally novice with very basic tools...

Anyway any help would be greatly appreciated!

Rise above it and move on! There are obviously other issues going on - life's too short.
Saying that, when I lived at my mums the family behind used to leave a hosepipe on all night - not sprinkling all over but on the same piece of grass - I couldn't understand it. I used to go out after midnight and hop over the fence and turn it off. Everynight for a month or so, got to a point where he'd put traps down to catch or prove but except for the bed of sand on the step one night, I evaded them all. I think I got bored in the end and it was getting closer to winter (didn't want to get out of bed for that)
I just couldn't understand the mentality of the wastage.
Perhaps now my opinion probably doesn't count!

You would not be able to easily "adjust" the extension lead so that it stops working after a time without it being obvious, you could just remove the fuse from the plug but then it would be clear it was not working (and had been tampered with).
It would be better to maintain good relations with housemates and talk to them about how their actions make you feel so that they have the opportunity to change or compromise.

It's not a prank - a prank would be funny, this is not for fun.

Yeah easier said than done, this person is impossible to talk to about things and never takes anything on board, they're very petty.

So this is purely for my satisfaction nothing else.

Sucks I really thought someone would give me a legit electrical response rather than life coach or call me childish =(

Probably not what you want to hear but if you start tampering with this detention lead, especially changing the rating of the fuse, you could leave it in a potentially dangerous state, leading to your house mate receiving and electric shock or starting a fire. Life would then become a whole lot worse than an annoying housemate.

And you may think that is over dramatic but if you don't know what you are doing there is a chance it would happen.

hide the bloody thing then. you can say it was a pikey nicked it for the copper content.

paint it with black stripes and put a snake's head on it.

Reply to Extension cable help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net