Discuss Fitting Weather Compensation in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I am looking to retrofit weather compensation to my Worcester Bosh System boiler running an S Plan. Looked at the Worcester Greenstar Sense II Weather Compensation unit but its a bit expensive at over £200. Was looking for recommendations from others who had fitted weather compensation on units they find worked well and were reasonably priced.

My home was fitted with weather comp a few months after the system was installed and commissioned. It's been running for over a year now, and I'm happy with it. In fact we don't make any tweaks to thermostats or temperatures now at all, just leave settings alone for months on end and it just works.
I have a Vailant heat pump running UFH, so a different situation to yours, but I wouldn't have considered trying to use any other brand of weather compensation unit, in fact I don't think any others would interface with Vaillant's eBus or be compatible.
The component cost of adding mine was similar to what you mention.

I looked at the Worcester compensation unit manual, and I think the price reflects the fact it's a complex device, which takes control of the boiler via the bus, and becomes the programmer for the system. There are a lot of parameters that can be adjusted to optimise your particular configuration, just like with my heat pump.
Purely from a technical and software compatibility viewpoint, I don't know that you have any choice. Others here might hopefully clarify🤔

I am looking to retrofit weather compensation to my Worcester Bosh System boiler running an S Plan. Looked at the Worcester Greenstar Sense II Weather Compensation unit but its a bit expensive at over £200. Was looking for recommendations from others who had fitted weather compensation on units they find worked well and were reasonably priced.
These are two comments that quite often crop up when talking about weather compensation unfortunately £200 is quite reasonably priced for what you want for a bit expensive it can cost many hundreds of pounds
When you look at the cost of a fairly basic programmer at around £80 - £100 or even the programmable thermostats that cost £30 - £40 more then you move into the whole home controllers with all the peripheral devices that start with the basic hub for £150 - £250 and then you add thermostats, TRV's, UFH controller depending what your system needs and it can easily cost £40 - £80 per radiator so as @Avo Mk8 has already said what you are looking at is a very complex piece of kit that will only ever be at a premium price

Reply to Fitting Weather Compensation in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net