Discuss Fridays in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Alright lads

Dont know if you all suffer the same fate most fridays, but with me its never a smooth running day, whenever I think i'll get to knock off at a decent time, something comes up and I end up later than ever. Well this Friday just gone I had a blinding day. After I had finished one job I got called to a church to look at some water damaged lights, once I arrived I found that there was some lovely golf type fittings about 500mm in diameter, three of which where absolutely filled with water!

There was a fire in the flats above so the fire brigade were called and they put it out, and so the church got quite swamped. After a quick call to the boss, we decided that the best way to drain the lights would be to drill a hole in them and let the juice drain out into a bucket, nice and easy, no mess and the fittings where going to be replaced anyway. I bucket in hand, drill at the ready I start on my first one, got a nice 8mm hole in the bottom and out came a buckets worth of rusty, stinky water that was the colour of wotsits. A fair success I thought, so off I go the next fitting. I had been told previously that the louvres were really hard to remove at the best of times, let alone without the weight of quite a lot of water inside. So I starts drilling away, when all of a sudden (definitely holding the drill at a silly angle) the louvre comes out, falls right in my face and I get absolutely soaked in rusty, stinky wotsit coloured water. It was a disaster, I stunk, I was freezing and had made a mess of the room that was due to be used for some sort of award ceremony.

Anyway luckily the minister was fine about it, but I spent a few hours soaking up the mess which had gone through the sheets and I didnt get home until about half 8 that night.

There was a few lessons learned here, still, the boss & co found it absolutely hilarious, so at least I had made their night!

well, i'm sorry, but i found it hilarious too. good job i hadn't got a gob full of beer, it would have been over the keyboard.

When you say you made a quick call to the boss, was that the earthly one, or was it the almighty upstairs? If the latter, that was a pretty mean joke on his part ;-)

I think the quicker you do things, the more problems you create. The old "more haste, less speed" applies most days to me. I live for Fridays though, .................:wink5:

Reply to Fridays in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net