Discuss Functional switching in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

ackbarthestar

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
Good Morning all and sundry.....

I'm putting together an advanced sample sheet for some apprentices a selection of methods to switch various loads.

I've got 5 obvious methods of multiway light switching, Overrides for PIR, contactor switching both lights and motors, wireless switching (that's more straight forward than it sounds)

My question is...
Does anybody on this forum have any novel ways of using switches ?

I've got the panel drawing I made for the alarm call lighting on my 2391-20. It's in DWG format, but if I can save it as a PDF then I'll email it to you. PM me your email address mate!

Thanks for that. You have just reminded me of all the relay switching configurations I developed to demonstrate passive and active switching

I don’t know what sort of drawings you need so here’s a selection.

There’s different drawing styles to add to the mix. I still prefer the old style L > R but most now a days will be top > bottom computer drawn.

Some are basic, some not so. I’ve put some PLC drawings in to show that a switch is a switch, be it hard wired or in software, they still work the same.

Good on you for helping apprentices, I wish I still could.

Tony

If you want more sent let me know.

Reply to Functional switching in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hey guys, On a job at the moment where the customer wants an LED flood on the end of a farm building, Seems straight forward but he has now...
Replies
Views
Hello Apologies if this is placed in wrong thread, but I cannot see where else to ask this? I currently have 2 x Chrome 2 gang light switches in...
Replies
Views
This is an existing setup and I am wondering whether to modify it. It's not easy to get at so if I don't need to, I won't. I'm not sure if it will...
Replies
Views
G
Hi all, I apologise for jumping straight in with a new thread asking questions. I did search and can't find any info on my problem. Getting to...
Replies
Views
sappaazz
S
M
Gents, I’ve scanned back a couple of pages reading various entries on IR Testing but haven’t found the simplistic answer that I’m looking for...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 9648
D

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock