Discuss Fuse box installed for £150 what!!! in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

I think that company is a subsidiary of one that advertises showers for £90 in the same area. No names but they are on the COAST and they fit SHOWERS (Bet you can't figure that out hehe)

Call them out and they give you some guff about your water pressure being too low so they have to fit a special one.

Taking into account that the bonding is up to scratch, that is exactly what i charge for a board change

Lets face it, it really isnt hard graft is it? sat on arse for 30-45 mins

Maybe i need to alter my prices !

you're far too cheap at £150. what about tracing unmarked circuits. identifying what points and how many on each cct. , testing, filling in EIC time. what else can you do in a day after that?

I charge at £12 per hour for tracing unmarked circuits and faults

Arrive at job 8am, done and cleaned up by 9am, testing till 12pm, onto the next job, simples

I have a image in my head of everyone being the typical tradesman, tea drinking and paper reading, come on lets be honest how long does it take to change a DB and test the install?

Am i the only one who has the "Graft" idea?

And after all the age old saying go's "Stack em high, sell em cheap", the referrals i get from customers who were pleased with the work i carried out and the price is excellent, TBF i dont have a lot of overheads and im not greedy just pleased that i actually have some work

EDIT: and for anyone thinking " i bet the DB's are a mess "

6176480400_1712bbc1d6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
so, even at half a day, take out best part of £100 for the CU, you only got 50 odd quid for wages, van costs, insurance, tax and NI, etc. etc.

£100 for a DB !

You need to start shopping somewhere else, i get a Wylex 10 way dual split with MCBs for £45

£150 is the bare minimum price like i stated, all the bonding is up to scratch, tails ok etc...

£100 for a DB !

You need to start shopping somewhere else, i get a Wylex 10 way dual split with MCBs for £45

£150 is the bare minimum price like i stated, all the bonding is up to scratch, tails ok etc...

£45 is a good price for a wylex 10 way I am paying about £75 - £80 .

Yes it does depend on the job.
Personally, I would charge a day rate + materials, as I would not be able to guarantee how long the job would take, or whether I'd be able to go on to another job that day when I'd finished.
I would also like to include any time taken in assessing the job, and obtaining materials.
Calling in somewhere on the way back from a job, to replace a light fitting or a socket-outlet would be an hourly rate.

I charge at £12 per hour for tracing unmarked circuits and faults

Arrive at job 8am, done and cleaned up by 9am, testing till 12pm, onto the next job, simples

I have a image in my head of everyone being the typical tradesman, tea drinking and paper reading, come on lets be honest how long does it take to change a DB and test the install?

Am i the only one who has the "Graft" idea?

And after all the age old saying go's "Stack em high, sell em cheap", the referrals i get from customers who were pleased with the work i carried out and the price is excellent, TBF i dont have a lot of overheads and im not greedy just pleased that i actually have some work

EDIT: and for anyone thinking " i bet the DB's are a mess "

View attachment 8475
Nice and neat, that's what I like to see!

do you reckon a gas fitter would spend a day changing a boiler for a measly £100? I think not. Round here their prices are similar, no wonder they all have nice vans and shiny new snickers... We do ourselves a dis-service charging so little, market forces I know but drives me mad.

45 mins for a cu change,wow,my best is 1hr 15 mins,but then again it takes as long as it takes,i want it to look the business,i have seen some cu changes,take the cover off and its like a birds nest(not saying you are like this)but you can tell the good from the bad cant you,i believe that a job should not be rushed and priced for your time/skill/expertise, i think you can get more ££ and still get as many referals.

Reply to Fuse box installed for £150 what!!! in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net