Discuss Geo solo pv monitor advise! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

powervan

Ok lads im looking for cheaper methord for clients to monitor system performance! at mo sma i use sunnybeam!(when in stock) just fitted eversolar but no bluetooth device availible at mo (stock) plus looks bit more costly in these TESTING times! so is this GISMO anygood!! looks like u stick something on the meter and it sends it to monitor!is it reliable and have a good range?

Oh forgot to mention we use Solarlog theyve just brought out a new domestic unit with GSM in built can be a little tetchy to set up but once youve done a couple they are very good lots of info for an installer and free web interface for home owner

The GEO (Green Energy Options) SoloPV unit receives data from the optical pulsed output of the generation meter (the same opto-interface used for programming etc), it does not communicate with the inverter. The base unit sends the data to the display device via a Zigbee protocol. Nice little units, we are considering bringing them on to our portfolio. Pricing is around £110ea I believe.

Andy

They do look good. It would be nice if they could add a second sensor to monitor usage and display both at the same time. It doeas look like a very flexible system though.

Yes, a second measurement point at the optical port of the primary/utility meter to measure reverse/export energy would be handy as you could then measure generation, import and export and get an overview of the property's energy usage trends. However, you would need an import/export meter that has two separate ports for each energy direction.

The alternative is to have an energy display device that takes into account power factor and measures using CTs on the 3 key measurement points. There is a product available in the US that is soon to be approved/configured for use over here in the UK that will do exactly that.....we're hoping it will tick quite a few boxes but not sure when it's going to be ready for release as yet.

Yes, a second measurement point at the optical port of the primary/utility meter to measure reverse/export energy would be handy as you could then measure generation, import and export and get an overview of the property's energy usage trends. However, you would need an import/export meter that has two separate ports for each energy direction.

The alternative is to have an energy display device that takes into account power factor and measures using CTs on the 3 key measurement points. There is a product available in the US that is soon to be approved/configured for use over here in the UK that will do exactly that.....we're hoping it will tick quite a few boxes but not sure when it's going to be ready for release as yet.

Have a look on the Geo website this little device is the simple version they also do multi input , multi site and more of a full BMS system, I'm getting them up to have a look at providing a mini BMS with an idiot proof front end to sell to SME's looks like it could be the right product, whats the american system SIBERT?

Reply to Geo solo pv monitor advise! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net