Discuss Getting CRB checked in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jerry2

Have recently gone self employed and got elecsa registered etc.
Was going to get CRB checked so I can prove to potential clients that I'm trustworthy.
However self employed people are not eligible to do it as it needs to be done by an employer.
Have asked elecsa but they can't do it neither. Any ideas?

have you gotr as mate who's got his own business, if so, he could get you checked.

Thing is the data will belong to him and not me. Have been checked before on firms I've worked for but the information belongs to them and isn't transferrable.

Thing is the data will belong to him and not me. Have been checked before on firms I've worked for but the information belongs to them and isn't transferrable.

if youve been checked before you should have a copy of it,all you need is your crb number that is given to customers who can check it

I was made redundant from firm I was registered with. Good idea though I will contact crb tomorrow and see if they can help. Cheers.

Ps also means you can claim statutory paternity pay after 26 wks employment , worth 200+ snots but you have to offset that against the three hundred grand it'll cost to bring them up. A fine balance I agree.

One other thing I should say for what it's worth ! I have gone into nursing homes, care homes, etc for years now and have never once been asked about an CRB check ! Although I do have it just in case.

Have a look at Informing recruitment decisions through the timely provision of accurate criminal history information and protecting vulnerable groups by preventing unsuitable people from working with them - Disclosure Scotland . You can get a basic disclosure for yourself, don't have to be employed. My local trading standards insist on this for their 'approved trader' scheme. I think they are the only people that offer it for individuals. Ignore the Scotland bit - anyone in the UK can use it - I'm in Kent.

I have been asked for it for some jobs - think it was around ÂŁ25.

Last edited:

Reply to Getting CRB checked in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net