Discuss Getting on a bit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

ipf

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
This is......who knows what it belongs to?

IMG_0486.jpg

Could be, that might make the cylinder on the left a HT coil.

The cylinder on the left is for the hydraulics... 'Red Jackall fluid only', even. See the coil on the last photo....similar fixing.
It's an early 1950's hearse being re-vamped by a small local company. He's removed the old wooden duck boards and has it on a ramp.. A good bit of work needed but it purrs on start up and has a turning circle you wouldn't believe.

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0483.jpg

IMG_0487.jpg

Last edited:
@ipf. I worked on an old Humber one . mind you it was not all that old at the time. :).
I think it still exists , but I have not seen it in use for a long time now.
The company use Mercedes now .
The old wedding cars were Armstrong Siddeley. One of them is still at work .

@ipf. I worked on an old Humber one . mind you it was not all that old at the time. :).
I think it still exists , but I have not seen it in use for a long time now.
The company use Mercedes now .
The old wedding cars were Armstrong Siddeley. One of them is still at work .
Did it have the Jackall jacking system, rus?
I found a photo of one operating...

download.jpg

Last edited:
The cylinder on the left is for the hydraulics... 'Red Jackall fluid only', even. See the coil on the last photo....similar fixing.
It's an early 1950's hearse being re-vamped by a small local company. He's removed the old wooden duck boards and has it on a ramp.. A good bit of work needed but it purrs on start up and has a turning circle you wouldn't believe.

View attachment 60394

View attachment 60395

View attachment 60396
Did it have the Jackall jacking system, rus?
I found a photo of one operating...

View attachment 60402
I can't honestly remember , but one of the old Phantoms did. It was not a Hearse though. It may of been the same system .
Some of the later Rolls Royce had Citroen self levelling suspension on them.

Reply to Getting on a bit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net