Discuss Gonna buy a combo crew van.... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

It is a pain to start, esp when cold. I have to start it then hold it at 2000rpm for a bit in the morning or it conks out if left idle for a second or two. Had new starter motor. Could be a battery thing but doesnt explain the conking out when idle.

When it warms up after 20-30 mins driving i get a hissing/whooshing sound when i press the accelerator down. The harder i accelerate the louder the noise. This i think is the turbo - perhaps a leak in the pipes. Sounds like air escaping. And it's pretty loud.

Did pedal test and it flashed fault codes 1216 and 1243.

Anyone got any ideas?!?!

I am going to take to good mechanic soon. He lets me buy psrts on ebay and he fits them. Saves a fortune, no point putting brand new turbo in a van thats done 100k miles!! Drives fine though generally.

Sounds like a vacuum leak (under the bonnet there are white plastic pipes with black rubber elbows) get some 2.5mm or 3mm ID silicon hose from ebay and replace the lot...
Leak off pipes could be perished (rubber tubes between the injectors)
1243 could be a boost pressure sensor (could be a failed fuse, bad connection or again faulty vac lines)
Corsa diesel sri fault code 1243 <- might be a knackered turbo, though check the vac lines first...

P1216 - Fuel solenoid response too slow - Could be the fuel pump, lines, clogged diesel filter (easy enough to change and worthwhile) or clogged throttle body or clogged intake manifold.

Sounds like a vacuum leak (under the bonnet there are white plastic pipes with black rubber elbows) get some 2.5mm or 3mm ID silicon hose from ebay and replace the lot...
Leak off pipes could be perished (rubber tubes between the injectors)
1243 could be a boost pressure sensor (could be a failed fuse, bad connection or again faulty vac lines)
Corsa diesel sri fault code 1243 <- might be a knackered turbo, though check the vac lines first...

P1216 - Fuel solenoid response too slow - Could be the fuel pump, lines, clogged diesel filter (easy enough to change and worthwhile) or clogged throttle body or clogged intake manifold.

Legend. Ta!!

Reply to Gonna buy a combo crew van.... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net