Discuss Got this off eBay........................... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Seen this on eBay for a few quid! Had to buy it! Quite interesting in parts.
On the lighting diagram, notice the main supply and final circuit neutrals are fused. I think the book is from 1947View attachment 47185 View attachment 47186 View attachment 47187 View attachment 47188 View attachment 47189 View attachment 47190 View attachment 47191 View attachment 47192
Worth a read to bring back College memories, still got some of those tools shown, even the Auger.

Can't remember where but I remember using one of those "manual" non electric soldering irons somewhere years back, maybe jointing cables.

Seen this on eBay for a few quid! Had to buy it! Quite interesting in parts.
On the lighting diagram, notice the main supply and final circuit neutrals are fused. I think the book is from 1947View attachment 47185 View attachment 47186 View attachment 47187 View attachment 47188 View attachment 47189 View attachment 47190 View attachment 47191 View attachment 47192
I'll give you 10 shillings for it!! Maybe stretch to 10 Shillings and 6 pennies 10 and 6 to those old enough to remember pre decimal currency, ahhh happy days, farthings, halfpennies, pennies thrupny bits, tanners, Bobs, 2 Bobs, half a crown, Could go on but I'm filling up.

you missed out florins, sovs, guineas, and groats.

remember my maternal grandfather came looking for us when my dad and stepmother came back from honeymoon and we weren't there. he came on a bicycle like Granville had on Open All Hours. sit up and beg, with a stunningly advanced Sturmey Archer 3 speed hub. we were swimming in the clay pit. I was 11 and my sister 9. the snowflakes would have fatal orgasms over that these days, esp.as 2 kids had drowned there a month before. 2 years later, we both swam the Rhine ( approx. 1 mile wide) from Switzerland into Germany, as smokes were a bit cheaper . happy days.

remember my maternal grandfather came looking for us when my dad and stepmother came back from honeymoon and we weren't there. he came on a bicycle like Granville had on Open All Hours. sit up and beg, with a stunningly advanced Sturmey Archer 3 speed hub. we were swimming in the clay pit. I was 11 and my sister 9. the snowflakes would have fatal orgasms over that these days, esp.as 2 kids had drowned there a month before. 2 years later, we both swam the Rhine ( approx. 1 mile wide) from Switzerland into Germany, as smokes were a bit cheaper . happy days.
Got out of puff to have a puff then Tel:tongue:

Never knew you where that way "inclined" seems that everyday is a school day on here....... hun ---

Yes Mate yesterday's stale bread, with dripping from th frying pan, followed by filtered washing up water, youngsters today huh.
My Aunt said to me the other day people don't know the meaning about a hard time or hard work in this day and age.

My Mum was forced by the Russians to chop wood in a forest barefoot in winter.

I am more aged than most of you... from my book:
2012 wiring joints.jpg
2012 Ferranti electricity meter.jpg

Reply to Got this off eBay........................... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net