Discuss Green Deal Training???????????????????????????????? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I have already posted on this but think the site has a glitch so please forgive me if this pops up twice but has anyone found any decent directories to list Green Deal services. I found greendealbook.co.uk but it looks unfinished - any thoughts?

We have done the training at significant cost in time and money.

Now NAPIT want £500 to register as a Green Deal Advisor, alternative is ECMK also at £500.

Then .......biggest shock .... NAPIT want over £2500 per year to register as a Green Deal Installer for all technologies.

HTF is a business with ten employees expected to pay all of these annual fees and registrations on top of REAL, MCS, ECA, Part P,
and be subject to annual audits from all of them.

I was strongly in favour of the Green Deal but cannot see how a small company is expected to carry all this financial load on top of vans, overheads, insurances, staff holidays, NI, etc etc etc in an industry where the profits are not great selling 4kW of solar for £6000 installed !!

if your pas2030 already (ie MCS its free to transfer as a GDI) if you want to add new ones NAPIT want about £480 quid per visit.

the fees for a GDP are free , the CCA is £1200 if you know how to handle finances docs but you will need around £3200 if you need the docs creating for you !
then another £600 for somebody to show you how to maintaine the docs then £35 quid to sign the DATA protection act .

the list goes on ... on a good note I have my Green deal adviser assessment in the morning ! got plenty of butty for the assessor to eat !

It doesn't suprise me, I was appalled when I went into PV at the costs. Everyone seemed to want your money. Also, it has been evident for some time that the Government does not want small businesses involved in this industry, but then, show me any Government that has supported small businesses?

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Green Deal Training???????????????????????????????? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net