Discuss help needed with heating system, please and thank you in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

cruelty

hi,

system has 2xCH & 1xHW Zones

system also has solid fuel back boiler

system has 2x CH Motorized valves

Garage = Oil Boiler & Pump (No over-run)
Hotpress = Cylinder, 2 motorized valves, CH circulating pump & Back boiler pump, cylinder stat, back boiler stat

so there is 3 zone time clock (2x CH & 1xHW)
2 CH room stats

what i need to happen:
CH1 turned on = fire Boiler + pump(garage) & Circulating pump (hotpress) & open corresponding "MV"
CH2 turned on = fire Boiler + pump(garage) & Circulating pump (hotpress) & open corresponding "MV"
HW turned on = fire Boiler + pump(garage)
Back boiler when lit = opens both CH motorized valves & fires Circulating pump(hotpress)

I need a wiring diagram for this system

if you could be so kind to help me out i would be forever grateful

Not quite as simple as that with the solid fuel boiler, i did one recently for a plumber mate, they put an h2panel in (www.h2panel.co.uk) bit fiddly to commission but bloke who makes them is more than helpful, worked quite well according to customer

maybe have a look at an s plan wiring plan might work/ adaptable but if you still dont have a clue get a spark in easier in the long run and prob be cheaper in the end

512px-S-Plan-Wiring.gif

this must be pump beside boiler, i also have a CH circulating pump in hotpress which is not to be powered when hot water is called for

Connect up the hot water zone as per usual.
Connect up the heating zones as usual up to the valves then join the oranges to run the heating pump. Pop a relay in there to fire the boiler and pump when the valves are open.

Now tell us how you want the back boiler to integrate into the system, and what controls/stats/overheat protection it has or requires.

Ok, now were getting somewhere, there is a pipe stat on flow pipe from back boiler, when this reaches temperature i want 2CH valves to open and heating pump to fire to dump heat from back boiler

I realise pipe stat is not a great system to do this regarding over heating, however plumber says he uses his method regularly, so it will be on his head if something goes wrong

Funnily enough it will be on your head as the person who designed the electrical control system. Unless of course your plumber has given you this information as a written instruction.

the system sounds like a neutraliser system so you would need a dunsley neutraliser in the system and a 3 port valve supplied by the same people as it has 2 auxillillary switches on it

I have done a couple of these in the past. try this link hopefully it will help

//www.dunsleyheat.co.uk/neutralizer%20layouts.html

Solid fuel systems are potentially bombs if not plumbed and controlled properly. To install and work on one you need to be qualified with Bpec or Hetas.

Mixing Solid fuel and oil fired is fun :) The h2panel is a simple answer to working out what you have to do (solution in a box:) ) a good heating engineer could design the controls anyway. (95% of them would struggle as they aren't qualified to do solid fuel)

Plumbers are not Heating Engineers

To integrate the systems you really need either a buffer tank / thermal store, or a Dunsley Neutralizer as well as a control system like the H2Panel.

The wiring falls into place once you have the hydraulics sorted :)

Reply to help needed with heating system, please and thank you in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net