Discuss Help on how to get this light working? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Rob has already posted,what i was thinking,but there is a very good reason,that work lamp is designed to be DC...if the OP is not aware why this is,he may want to consider getting an overview of the project,by someone who does.

It might save either the OP,or whoever uses the machine in the future,the injury incurred,when going to place the chuck key,in a stationary chuck-that isn't.
Ah yes good point, an oversight on mine.

• Friendly
Reactions: PEG
Well you've made something dangerous. Well done!

There is a reason it needs to be supplied with DC not AC

Thought you needed 25v.

Where do the blokes,who only talk about lathes,have their Christmas party?

At the Boring Bar.

What sound,does the turner's dog,make?

Swarf,swarf.

See how much fun,engineering can be ... o_Oo_Oo_O

Reply to Help on how to get this light working? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, there are 3 bundles of wires coming from my ceiling and I've been told they have been tested with a multimeter and have all got a current but...
Replies
Views
Hello right off the bat I'm a novice with a little better understanding than most(father was a electrician) but I am not an electrician. I'm...
Replies
Views
I hope someone can help with this as I'm stumped. My landing hallway ceiling (2016-build house) has two rose pendants which I've attempted to...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, after temporary removing a Sonoff that I've installed years ago to do some painting, I'm unable to get everything back to work. I've...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I signed up here for a little help. I bought a 3 phase bandsaw and went down the rabbit hole of VFD’s etc. ‘The motor is 3 phase 400v...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock