Discuss Help re. Courses (testing &inspection) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

Nick Page

Hi,

wondering if someone could help as I'm a bit confused.

ive been doing domestic electrical work for 12 years now but haven't got any or very little practical testing and inspection experience, I'm just wondering which course I would get the most out of with regards to learning the process.
ive got NVQ level 3 and 16th addition but am being made redundant so I have an opportunity for grants for some courses to get up to date.

im going to do my 17th and also PAT testing but I really need some sort of course to make me at least competent within a company to test my own work.. What would you advise? 2394? Part P? Any others?

anny help would be greatly appreciated, I'm fed up of bein laid off before new sparks that doesn't have even a quarter of my experience on the job.. Time to change that lol.

Thanks again!!

Buy Guidance note 3 first and have a read through that and get your head around it, then go for the 2394 for initial verification of your work. 2395 for periodics (EICRs) if you need it.
But GN3 is the key.

Reply to Help re. Courses (testing &inspection) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello fellow sparks, I’m looking to do my testing and inspection course which starts on the 30th of April, but I have not got much testing...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Not sure if asking about rates is allowed, but I'm wondering what people's thoughts are on chargeable rates for PAT testing. Baring in...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, looking at doing Initial and Periodic inspecting and testing. Looking between the CandG and EAL Just wondering if I can ask peoples...
Replies
Views
Alright everyone, Got a question and looking for some of your opinions. My brother is a qualified electrician and I'll be asking him the same when...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, sorry if posting in the wrong section. I am due to start 2391-52 course soon, and there seems to be from what I have found out, a 3 phase...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock