Discuss HELP - simple question, please keep it simple in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Telectrix means the supply.

So, I googled 'Nintendo Wii U shutting itself down.'

Country Selector at Nintendo - https://nintendoservicecentre.co.uk/support/wii/my-wii-shuts-off-on-its-own

This points to either unlicenced accessories or a damaged AC adapter causing the shutdown. When you exchanged the unit, did you change the AC adapter? Perhaps not.

In any event, I think this is certianly not an electrical problem to any longer concern the good burgers of ElectriciansForums with.

Hope all gets sorted out in the end!

EDIT: Plus what Danny said.

Telectrix means the supply.

So, I googled 'Nintendo Wii U shutting itself down.'

Country Selector at Nintendo - https://nintendoservicecentre.co.uk/support/wii/my-wii-shuts-off-on-its-own

This points to either unlicenced accessories or a damaged AC adapter causing the shutdown. When you exchanged the unit, did you change the AC adapter? Perhaps not.

In any event, I think this is certianly not an electrical problem to any longer concern the good burgers of ElectriciansForums with.

Hope all gets sorted out in the end!

EDIT: Plus what Danny said.

That link is for wii, not wii u. Incidentally though, nope I never had any unlicenced accessories on it.

The ac adapter could be a possibility though. I don't think nintendo replaced that, which is stupid if they didn't, if it's known to cause issues.

Logically, if the supply has a blip, it's the supply to your home. Everything would be subject to the blip. Computers and similar items (like clever TVs and recorders, etc) are more sensitive to such things.

Logically, if the supply has a blip, it's the supply to your home. Everything would be subject to the blip. Computers and similar items (like clever TVs and recorders, etc) are more sensitive to such things.

In that case then I don't think it was a supply blip, because other devices upstaris, like my pc that I have on a lot of the time, remained on

I would go and buy an extension lead and power said gaming device from another socket...... And see what happens.

£5.99 at Argos

Did that. Same thing happened. The other socket being on the same outlet that is

My knowledge is limited so I can't word it right.

Got an electrician coming tomorrow anyway

Reply to HELP - simple question, please keep it simple in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net