Discuss Henley incomer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Does anyone know the BS number and charateristics of the big square henley incoming fuse used by the supply company. its about 6 inch square with side entry for the supply cable system is TN-S.
There is no info on it and i take it the main fuse is inside its sealed so dont know the size.
any help appreciated

the seals normally drop off,so you can check if your that bothered about it

i know they do!!!!!!:wink5:

but its tight as hell to get new tails in si going to get supply company to connect so dont really want a dropped off seal.
just want info to make certificate out, new tails are connected to old ones at mo but there slightly undersized

I'd be tempted to say BS1361 type 2B, But put a picture on if you can and I'll have a very good guess. (I know this fuse has now been superseded by the BS 88-3)

sorry wont let me upload the file.
The incomer is actually 8" square and made of metal if this helps, if i cannot find any info do i just state no info available when filling in the certificate

On rare occasions I have put unknown for the service head details, only when I've got 25mm tails though. (or 16mm and have checked that maximum demand is ok.)

Last edited by a moderator:
If the information is not written on the head and you cannot open the fuse carrier then there is no way to tell what is in there and you have to put unable to verify. You could stay on hold with the DNO until they tell you they do not know, but hardly worth it.

If the information is not written on the head and you cannot open the fuse carrier then there is no way to tell what is in there and you have to put unable to verify. You could stay on hold with the DNO until they tell you they do not know, but hardly worth it.

If the tails to and from the meter are 25mm, Then its a 100A fuse

If 16mm, then 80A/60A

Type of fuse most likely bs 1361

Reply to Henley incomer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net