Discuss Hive on a Y plan existing programmer is a Danfoss set 3m in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

kingo110

DIY
Reaction score
Hi i am a gas fitter by trade and thought the installation would be straight forward , my current programmer is a danfoss set 3m

The back boxes are different , i was hoping for them to be the same like for like, any help/advice would be appreciated thanks

Attachments

• PXL_20230422_150515379.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 12
  • PXL_20230422_142753057.MP (1).jpg
    319.1 KB · Views: 12
  • PXL_20230422_150946763.MP.jpg
    296.7 KB · Views: 8
  • PXL_20230422_134602473.MP.jpg
    332.5 KB · Views: 11
The two loops of red wire on the original backplate are wired internally on the new, so N and L the same as the original, but no need to wire to the two switch common terminals, as this is already done.
The switches on the Hive aren't identified, but the two 'offs' appear to be terminals 1 and 2, and the two 'ons' 3 and 4, so, probably,
1 (original) = 3 (new)
2 = Internally connected
3 = 1
4 =4
5 = Internally connected
6 =2
This assumes that the Hive switches are shown in the 'off' position, and the left hand switch is water, with the right hand heating.

The two loops of red wire on the original backplate are wired internally on the new, so N and L the same as the original, but no need to wire to the two switch common terminals, as this is already done.
The switches on the Hive aren't identified, but the two 'offs' appear to be terminals 1 and 2, and the two 'ons' 3 and 4, so, probably,
1 (original) = 3 (new)
2 = Internally connected
3 = 1
4 =4
5 = Internally connected
6 =2
This assumes that the Hive switches are shown in the 'off' position, and the left hand switch is water, with the right hand heating.
Fantastic i Really appreciate your help , here is a pic of the Hive back box

1 hw off
2 Heating off
3 Hw on
4 Heating on

Attachments

• PXL_20230422_211948559 (1).jpg
    407.4 KB · Views: 7
1 hw off
2 Heating off
3 Hw on
4 Heating on
That confirms what I was assuming, so the connections should be as in my last post.
I've never understood the idea of having a standardised back plate for programmers, but no standardisation in the actual connections.

That confirms what I was assuming, so the connections should be as in my last post.
I've never understood the idea of having a standardised back plate for programmers, but no standardisation in the actual connections.
There is no wire going to number 6 on the existing programmer, sorry for all the questions, and is the link between live and 2 required thanks

Reply to Hive on a Y plan existing programmer is a Danfoss set 3m in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net