Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Honeywell G4 Accenta Remote Keypad in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. TheCodboy

TheCodboy Regular EF Member

Hi all, just powered up a G4 Accenta and I'm having trouble with the remote keypad. The red and green indicator led's are lighting up,but thats it. Nothing on the lcd display,no backlighting and no response to putting default code (0123) in. This is a brand new system,straight out the box. I've disconnected All the pir's,external sounder etc,replaced all links back into the relevant places (basically took it back to how i unboxed it). the only thing i left connected was the RKP, and still the same. I've checked all the fuses too. Anyone have any ideas?? (I've also posted this in the Alarm forum)

2. LankyWill

LankyWill Guest

Red led means fault unless the system is set, check the tamper on the back and listen for the switch when it closes. If not check your tampers on all other connected devices.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TheCodboy

I tried it with everything else disconnected. No life in the keypad apart from the 2 leds being lit.

4. SparkyChick

SparkyChick Making a banana smoothy for my fave gorilla Staff Member Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    SparkyChick
    Double check the interconnection between the panel and the keypad?

Edit:- Making sure there are no stray strands that could be causing a short between the pins.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TheCodboy

I double checked all my connections,everything is as it should be. A colleague of mine has a spare keypad. I’m gonna try that tomorrow and see what happens.

6. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    the keypad is not dead, it is just resting, pining for the fjords.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear still kicking sand, before pushing up daisies . Electrician's Arms

have you crossed the wires ?

8. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix

9. TheCodboy

No they are correct at the panel & keypad.