Discuss hot tub supply in domestic dwelling 32A, 100A supply in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Thought of that, just waiting for the wife to put a wash on, do the dishes, put on the tumble dryer boil the kettle and Hoover up, whilst cutting the grass! All this in the dark with all the lights on!:6:

Don't forget to get the wife to curl her hair, straighten it, and blow dry it at the same time.... I'm sure you can manage both the hoover and the mower.... it's the same action after all.

TBH Ian I personally wouldn't worry about the demand of this Hot-tub you have gas heating, no shower, small demand for your oven by the sound of it possible less than 3kw if its on a plug top as I suspect no real load anywhere else...

I doubt you rarely top 20-30amps demand on a good day .... so get them trunks on and make her smile :)

TBH Ian I personally wouldn't worry about the demand of this Hot-tub you have gas heating, no shower, small demand for your oven by the sound of it possible less than 3kw if its on a plug top as I suspect no real load anywhere else...

I doubt you rarely top 20-30amps demand on a good day .... so get them trunks on and make her smile :)
Or leave them off and make her laugh lol

The fuse is deffo 100amp bs1361 ,unless anyone knows the resistance for a 60amp 80amp 100amp! The fuse inside is fully enclosed !! With all the lights,4 tv's, fridge freezer oven,half the sockets with lamps on its about 60 amp according to my clip on, that minus washer and dishwasher and dryer and the hot tub

The fuse is deffo 100amp bs1361 ,unless anyone knows the resistance for a 60amp 80amp 100amp! The fuse inside is fully enclosed !! With all the lights,4 tv's, fridge freezer oven,half the sockets with lamps on its about 60 amp according to my clip on, that minus washer and dishwasher and dryer and the hot tub

I think what has been forgotten is that your hot tub will only likely ever pull 32A when first heating up. It'll just be ticking over keeping temperature, etc. for the rest of the time. If you are that worried about it turn everything else off when you first power it up!

Please be reminded that if your reply can't help the original poster, it may be seen as pointless and taking the thread off topic. Please make sure what you are about to post is in-keeping with the forum rules, specifically the "be nice" rule. Just be nice and helpful (even to new members) or don't reply at all please. Also note that we urge all members, regular or new, to report any posts that are off-topic, pointless or offensive.

Good luck fella (big kiss and cuddle)

Surely when the supply company connect up they have to clearly identify the current rating of the supply! The seals aren't meant to be cut off to find this out when you do an Niceic test are they?

If you look really close you'll notice that there aren't any seals ;-)
You'll have to break them anyway to verify the fuse rating.

welcome to the forum dude,check out Manchester Evening News 22nd July,Tuesday this week,Title;VERY HOT TUB...

Are they all heat lamps?!...

Time to look at some energy saving lamps, equipment, accessories etc etc...

Only in your wildest dreams!!!
I'd sling that amp clamp in the bin if i were you if it's reading 60A for what you have stated were the circuits being used....

Seems that you can't be bothered to listen to what anyones trying to tell you. Your DNO cut-out fuse carrier is just that, a carrier, it can hold a 60A, 80A or a 100A BS 1361 or now a BS 88 cartridge fuse..... So what make you so sure that it's 100A then??

The last time I had a clamp on a cable that was measuring around 60A was a couple of weeks ago. Was going between 55 and 68 amps over about 10 minutes. This was a restaurant with all lighting on, none of it energy saving, the kitchen in full swing, and the 16mm tails were warm to the touch.

Just saying.

The current 'professional electrician' free magazine has a write up on supplying hot tubs from PME supplies, quite a useful read for anyone who does these.
(Only cos it backs up what I've said about the subject previously ;) )

Only in your wildest dreams!!!
I'd sling that amp clamp in the bin if i were you if it's reading 60A for what you have stated were the circuits being used....

Seems that you can't be bothered to listen to what anyones trying to tell you. Your DNO cut-out fuse carrier is just that, a carrier, it can hold a 60A, 80A or a 100A BS 1361 or now a BS 88 cartridge fuse..... So what make you so sure that it's 100A then??
Welcome back fella, we have missed you

Don't take what you see on the fuse carrier as final mate, I do cable jointing and a service joint includes installing the series 7 pme cutout , even though it states 100amp it could well be 60 or 80

Please be reminded that if your reply can't help the original poster, it may be seen as pointless and taking the thread off topic. Please make sure what you are about to post is in-keeping with the forum rules, specifically the "be nice" rule. Just be nice and helpful (even to new members) or don't reply at all please. Also note that we urge all members, regular or new, to report any posts that are off-topic, pointless or offensive.

Good luck fella (big kiss and cuddle)
I clearly missed the memo about forum members having to be touchy-feely!?

Reply to hot tub supply in domestic dwelling 32A, 100A supply in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net