Discuss How to thoroughly test a new 2P+E 32A socket in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
We are currently having a new office fitted out. It will include a 2P+E 32A socket (Gewiss Interlock Socket 32A 230V 2P+E - https://www.eleconline.co.uk/zdriverel/form/catsel/INDUSTRIAL-PLUG/SKTS/product/M1643) for our UPS. I want to run my own tests in advance of moving in, to be completely sure that the socket and power to it are all fine. What is a good way to do this? I've seen this Socket & See SOK40/16HD 230V Industrial Socket Tester - Socket Testers - Electrical - http://www.test4less.co.uk/socket-amp-see-sok40-16hd-230v-industrial-socket-tester.html but I don't know how thoroughly it tests the power supply. Is there anything better?

Which specific tests do you want to perform?

Plug in socket testers don’t thoroughly test the supply, they provide a quick check of polarity and a helpful noise to assist in finding the correct mcb when switching the circuit off.

The electrician or electrical contractor who has carried out the installation work will inspect and test the installation then issue you with an electrical installation certificate. As part of this certificate there will be a schedule of test results which details the results of the tests carried out.

Which specific tests do you want to perform?

Plug in socket testers don’t thoroughly test the supply, they provide a quick check of polarity and a helpful noise to assist in finding the correct mcb when switching the circuit off.

The electrician or electrical contractor who has carried out the installation work will inspect and test the installation then issue you with an electrical installation certificate. As part of this certificate there will be a schedule of test results which details the results of the tests carried out.
Bsolutely agree a full EIC test is required

Reply to How to thoroughly test a new 2P+E 32A socket in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi folks, new member here. I am a DJ/electronic music producer with basically zero experience in advanced electronics. I recently bought the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a client with a small barn workshop and caravan powered by a portable 230V 6kW petrol generator. (Loncin 8000D-A) . The original 32A...
Replies
Views
Afternoon in the middle of doing my 1st quote for a com/ind setup- bit out of my domestic comfort zone etc! it is for additional power in...
Replies
Views
Is there a room in professional PAT testing for a business model other than 'per unit'? I ask because I've been giving this some thought. I've...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am doing alterations to a fifth floor office in a special effects company. I have a few questions. On looking at the installation it is only...
Replies
Views

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock