Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss How to thoroughly test a new 2P+E 32A socket in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. matthewk

matthewk New EF Member

We are currently having a new office fitted out. It will include a 2P+E 32A socket (Gewiss Interlock Socket 32A 230V 2P+E - https://www.eleconline.co.uk/zdriverel/form/catsel/INDUSTRIAL-PLUG/SKTS/product/M1643) for our UPS. I want to run my own tests in advance of moving in, to be completely sure that the socket and power to it are all fine. What is a good way to do this? I've seen this Socket & See SOK40/16HD 230V Industrial Socket Tester - Socket Testers - Electrical - http://www.test4less.co.uk/socket-amp-see-sok40-16hd-230v-industrial-socket-tester.html but I don't know how thoroughly it tests the power supply. Is there anything better?

2. davesparks

davesparks Forum Mentor

Which specific tests do you want to perform?

Plug in socket testers don’t thoroughly test the supply, they provide a quick check of polarity and a helpful noise to assist in finding the correct mcb when switching the circuit off.

The electrician or electrical contractor who has carried out the installation work will inspect and test the installation then issue you with an electrical installation certificate. As part of this certificate there will be a schedule of test results which details the results of the tests carried out.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Pete999

Pete999 Forum Mentor

Business Name:
    None
    Bsolutely agree a full EIC test is required