Discuss How to tighten a 50mm SWA gland with no access to locknut in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Ok delayed update here

Managed to get the job all done , very hard going though hence the delay of responding , actually made me quite ill thru heat exhaustion and constantly straining in tight spaces trying to get it done!

I glanded as normal with locknuts with the homemade serrations

And used a combination of 3 ft bar and hammer from outside the panel and a 4 inch bar tapped on the inside above the Isolator to tighten,
which did take a long time as constantly tapping then changing around to get the corner over just enough to use the big bar again

One of the French guys said I was
"faire l'amour" with the panel now cuz of all the positions needed and how close I was to it arms streched inside

Wouldn't say I was in love but definitely felt like I'd been @#$%&€ at the end!

Many thanks to everyone who contributed ideas!

It's such a shame you're not an apprentice - this would have been the perfect opportunity to tell you the tool you need is a 'reach around' and to head to the hardware store immediately to demand one :)

Feel free to hit that 'old' rating...

Well done though - amazing what's possible when you finally decide you've had enough and it's going to go together no matter how much of a fight it puts up!

It's such a shame you're not an apprentice - this would have been the perfect opportunity to tell you the tool you need is a 'reach around' and to head to the hardware store immediately to demand one :)

Feel free to hit that 'old' rating...

Well done though - amazing what's possible when you finally decide you've had enough and it's going to go together no matter how much of a fight it puts up!

Careful with the pxyz takes, after all, you're just a glorified plumber! :D:p:D:p

Careful with the pxyz takes, after all, you're just a glorified plumber! :D:p:D:p

That's a terrible thing to say about a person!!

I'm a "liquid engineer". At least according to a badge I was given once. Personally I feel I was lucky to find a niche, and it all kinda worked out.

My pants remain dry. Even when I am reduced to plumbing I manage not sit in my own puddle - like an animal ;)

Reply to How to tighten a 50mm SWA gland with no access to locknut in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net