Discuss Icelandic Electrical Installation. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Scandinavian countries are great, Denmark and Sweden particularly have it the best of all worlds.

Its weird living 6 months in semi darkness and then 6 months in almost daylight ! Yes... they do have a suicide % but they also have far less mental health issues , social issues , homeless issues and unemployment issues . The country is far far superior to us in so many ways . They really sit back and laugh at the rest of us making so many stupid mistakes with our lives and society etc.

I was working with young people 20-23 , they OWNED property in Iceland and many had ventured into buying in Spain etc .They owned 2-3 cars , They either owned or had a "share' of a private plane . The way the pensioners are looked after is first class .

Same question to you, why do you live where you do if these other countries are comparatively that much superior?
Iceland is no fool..... it can see what immigration has done to many countries . Its happy the way it is and they like it . The chances of been able to relocate there is low . I'm thinking of maybe N-Ireland . The economy is getting better there.If I win the Lottery ....JAPAN !

Didn’t Icelands economy go t1ts up not long ago?
And there’s the volcano that grounded every plane.

UK may be struggling, but we don’t get severe earthquakes, volcanoes, torrential rain, unbearable sunshine or tiny little insects that want to kill you. Not to mention non existant gun laws.

I think that just about covers everywhere else.

Didn’t Icelands economy go t1ts up not long ago?
And there’s the volcano that grounded every plane.

UK may be struggling, but we don’t get severe earthquakes, volcanoes, torrential rain, unbearable sunshine or tiny little insects that want to kill you. Not to mention non existant gun laws.

I think that just about covers everywhere else.
You must have been there to mention the Insects (Or Norway etc ) !!! They are of a military grade... I still have the scars .The "Viking Squad " are now the only armed unit on the Island . I never heard of any violence when i was there . Just lovely all be it at times a bit "boring" people . Who seemed to do anything really well. Their engineers etc and shipping companies are top end . Yes... they took a hit some years ago. But fully back on track now . ANyone given the chance should work there . The wages are NUTS !

If they are so great, why do you live in Somerset?
As said above, because of mini-me. And, I don't really live in Somerset - I mean, there's a house there that I pay for with my stuff in it and people that I love, but last year I spent over 230 days away working, 18 countries and 3 continents, so in my case 'home' really can be wherever you lay your hat.

Reply to Icelandic Electrical Installation. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net