Discuss Icelandic Electrical Installation. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Iceland is no fool..... it can see what immigration has done to many countries . Its happy the way it is and they like it . The chances of been able to relocate there is low . I'm thinking of maybe N-Ireland . The economy is getting better there.If I win the Lottery ....JAPAN !

I laughed when reading this - really laughed.

Some people move here and love it, but others moan incessantly about their choice. I guess much depends on what you want from life and whether you relocate to an area suited to providing that.

I laughed when reading this - really laughed.

Some people move here and love it, but others moan incessantly about their choice. I guess much depends on what you want from life and whether you relocate to an area suited to providing that.

Absolutely. There will always be people who moan about where they live regardless. Other people crack on with things.

Again, it's no good generalising.

Japan - interesting place. 100v and depending on which area you're in either 50 or 60Hz. And such an attention to the literal - one time a colleague had drawn a CAD plot for a venue and put an arbitrary wavy line on it to signify a virtual division, when we got there we found an enormous length of rope on the floor perfectly mimicking it!

I worked for a Japan based company at one time and you quickly learn they consider they can not be wrong, they excuse this as we can not loose face.

The main issue will be the legality . There are recruitment agencies hiring for "remote " work Electricians in Iceland .I would imagine the legalities are all done in house ?? For domestic work it will be a question of do you meet their requirements and how is it "signed off" etc ? I cannot imagine many will "skip" the legal side there .Its not in their nature

Reply to Icelandic Electrical Installation. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net