Discuss I'm in a bit of a quandary. in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Percyprod

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
I'm thinking of rewiring my house, a four bed semi built in the sixties. Nothing out of the ordinary, probably 3 rings, 2 lighting, cooker, 2 showers some outside lights. I will be moving the cu from under the stairs to a higher position in the kitchen. Now the problem is I like to listen to music while I'm working, but I really can't decide whether to go for the 2011 re-worked Pink Floyd on Spotify or to transfer my original CDs to MP3, or again some Jimmy Smith or Jimmy McGriff on the organ. Any help would be appreciated.

I have to take Mrs Pete 999 down to Bath tomorrow to visit Her Sister, not that I mind, but what Music should I listen to on the way down and back? Pink Floyd, The Moodies, 60s Carp or what, jeez what a question. Percyprod!!!!!!!! or should I just keep stum and do as I'm told?

Probably the best option would be to get the rewire done properly than worrying about what sounds to listen to.

Last edited:
Invest in a mobile Bose system and link to your music on your mobile phone ............

saves faffing around with ear phones and cables......

Settled.on a mixture of Jimmy Smith and Jimmy MC Griff in the end, kept stopping to listen to Floyd! Now is it 1.5 or 2.5 mm flex for shower?

0.75 2 core, taken from nearest light to minimise volt drop.

Thanks for that Telectrix, saved me a few Bob there!

All my 30,000+ tracks are digital, MP3 etc and there are usually at least 3-4,000 on my iPhone. I wear hearing aids and my phone streams my music to them all day long, Pink Floyd Pulse is great for a CU change.:)

Jimmy McGriff on your organ?
Never tried him,myself...
I'm an REM fan for when I'm working, when things are going mad...and James Taylor when it's a doddle.

If you like Floyd listen to "Skygarden", "The Deciding Moments of Your Life" and " Mind Games" by Cosmos. Oh and "Rise" and "The Village" by Innerspace.

Now the problem is I like to listen to music while I'm working, but I really can't decide whether to go for the 2011 re-worked Pink Floyd on Spotify or to transfer my original CDs to MP3, or again some Jimmy Smith or Jimmy McGriff on the organ. Any help would be appreciated.

It's a no brainer ..... Pink Floyd every time.

I have to take Mrs Pete 999 down to Bath tomorrow to visit Her Sister, not that I mind, but what Music should I listen to on the way down and back? Pink Floyd, The Moodies, 60s Carp or what, jeez what a question. Percyprod!!!!!!!! or should I just keep stum and do as I'm told?
How many years have you and Mrs Pete999 been married you should know by now.It's what Mrs Pete999 wants to listen to or having Mrs Pete999 in your ear all the way down to Baaaaaaarth.

If you like Floyd listen to "Skygarden", "The Deciding Moments of Your Life" and " Mind Games" by Cosmos. Oh and "Rise" and "The Village" by Innerspace.

Thank you so much for the heads-up, DKSanders. I've just purchased the three Cosmos albums along with their debut, Different Faces. I also loved the two albums by Innerspace and have bought those two as well. If it wasn't for you I might never have discovered these prog-rock gems. Cheers bud. :):):)

One of the finest pro-rock bands ever are Camel. Andy Latimer is, in my humble opinion, one of the finest and one of the most underrated guitarists in the world. His playing style and singing voice are very similar to David Gilmour's as can be heard on For Today. This song sends shivers down my spine and makes the hairs on my neck stand up. This is one of the best ballads that you're ever likely to hear. Absolutely breathtaking.

Three more Camel songs that Pink Floyd fans will surely enjoy:

Reply to I'm in a bit of a quandary. in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net