Discuss inspected and tested by vs report authorised for issue by.... in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sparky114

Hello everyone, was speaking to a qualified electrician who was giving me advice as a rookie. We were talking about an eicr which he just done on a house and was talking about section G (declaration)of the report.

He said that anybody whom is competent may carryout the report however ONLY a person who has 2394 and 2395 (testing and inspecting) qualifications can sign the "report authorised for issue by" section!& if a person without these qualifications signs that part they CAN GO JAIL??

So basically if a person carries out a eicr report who is not got these qualifications then he/she would need to get the report theyv just done signed off by a sparky who has 2394 2395?

inspected and tested by vs report authorised for issue by....

Last edited by a moderator:
Far as i understand it, that you dont need them qualifications. That NICEIC/Napit etc say yes they can do it.

Ive not done any EICR yet myself, tho i do hold the qualifications, but as far as i know.
Just need 17th and some Level 3 installations to be a part of one of the governing bodies

Reply to inspected and tested by vs report authorised for issue by.... in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Folks it seems that we now have Issue 7 of the BPG#4 on EICR. Trying to compare them shows only minor changes, but those of note are: Page 9...
Replies
Views
Good day. First time poster. We recently had an electrician perform the EICR, as this is a newly purchased property I thought'd I would have the...
Replies
Views
And the theatre claim its not their issue ! Ok..This is what Ive been told 1.Small production. Lighting etc etc all hired from a respected...
Replies
Views
Hi All I’m in charge of the maintenance (machinery and facilities) in a plastics manufacturing business. I have a ‘team’ of little old me and an...
Replies
Views
Morning All I recently completed my first re wire and board change, (with help from the owner who is a gas fitter and plumper, who works with my...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock