Discuss inspection and testing in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
evening all,
I am carrying an inspection and test of a board which is located in an area similar to a swimming pool - the board is 40 years old - has no main earth and is reliant on the the conduits connection for earthing- there is no MET within board - all earths are connected to board chassis - there is no rcd protection. The environment is a harsh corrosive environment - some ZS values are high on certain circiuits what is the minimum I can do to get this board to a satisfactory state so that it would pass an EICR.

Cheers

It's impossible for any of us to be able to help you without actually being on site.

With regard to "passing" an EICR, only you as the inspector can make that call.

Sorry not to be of more help, but it's just not possible without actually being there.

Op You're not going to like most of our replies.
Mine is leave it to someone more experienced, there is no way we can tell you what you need to do, only you as the competent, experienced and qualified inspector can decide that.
Told you, you wouldn't like it.

conduits connected to earthing in a corrosive environment is my concern - the board is earthed vi the conduits supplying maintails from isolator below it. I am see the lack on main earth cable as a C1 - and the db should be isolated until the necessary remedial work has been completed

Cheers

conduits connected to earthing in a corrosive environment is my concern - the board is earthed vi the conduits supplying maintails from isolator below it. I am see the lack on main earth cable as a C1 - and the db should be isolated until the necessary remedial work has been completed

Cheers

Carry out the EICR then come back with your findings.

Cheers

you don't have the authority to cut some ones electric off

evening all,
I am carrying an inspection and test of a board which is located in an area similar to a swimming pool - the board is 40 years old - has no main earth and is reliant on the the conduits connection for earthing- there is no MET within board - all earths are connected to board chassis - there is no rcd protection. The environment is a harsh corrosive environment - some ZS values are high on certain circiuits what is the minimum I can do to get this board to a satisfactory state so that it would pass an EICR.

Cheers

Not having a go at you, but are you an electrician, trainee or what?

Op You're not going to like most of our replies.
Mine is leave it to someone more experienced, there is no way we can tell you what you need to do, only you as the competent, experienced and qualified inspector can decide that.
Told you, you wouldn't like it.

GMEs I am a competent person dont be rude mate
REread the highlighted text I didn't say you were incompetent

Reply to inspection and testing in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net