Discuss interesting job for friday.. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

HaHa a friend had a house he let out and the supposed tenants were just fronting for the drug growers. they absolutely trashed the place with holes for ventilation kit, the moisture generated ruined the plaster and we basically had to completely refurb it. they disconnected 90% of the electrical installation and put their own in, it was surprisingly sophisticated and the police took much of it after the house was made safe. what was left was scrapped. the police will often now destroy things beyond use and then leave it behind. they will however take all the plants regardless of growth stage. worse thing of all was the insurance didn't pay out as they tried to say the owner(my mate) did not carry out due diligence when letting the property.

HaHa a friend had a house he let out and the supposed tenants were just fronting for the drug growers. they absolutely trashed the place with holes for ventilation kit, the moisture generated ruined the plaster and we basically had to completely refurb it. they disconnected 90% of the electrical installation and put their own in, it was surprisingly sophisticated and the police took much of it after the house was made safe. what was left was scrapped. the police will often now destroy things beyond use and then leave it behind. they will however take all the plants regardless of growth stage. worse thing of all was the insurance didn't pay out as they tried to say the owner(my mate) did not carry out due diligence when letting the property.
sounds like much the same scenario here, landlord has emphasized that the previous tenants are gone, probably on holiday at one of her majesties hotels

hope its not a "commercial" set up, would like an early finish tomorrow :D

fingers crossed there is a million in cash below the floorboards ;)

Once called to a property, shop on ground floor, two flats upstairs. 3 phase supply, one to each flat/shop. Reported no earrh. Checked, earth loop infinity, suspect lead sheath on u/g cable failed. Disconnected supplies. No one in shop til later, so left for jointer to check and repair.They phoned me to say the cable entered through cellar, and had been opened, hence lead sheth removed, and supplies taken to flats for cannabis farm. When they were digging road up to replace cable, Chinese man came along and was very interested. So were police who were still in flat and nicked him!

Once called to a property, shop on ground floor, two flats upstairs. 3 phase supply, one to each flat/shop. Reported no earrh. Checked, earth loop infinity, suspect lead sheath on u/g cable failed. Disconnected supplies. No one in shop til later, so left for jointer to check and repair.They phoned me to say the cable entered through cellar, and had been opened, hence lead sheth removed, and supplies taken to flats for cannabis farm. When they were digging road up to replace cable, Chinese man came along and was very interested. So were police who were still in flat and nicked him!
mine wasnt all that interesting, just disconnected the flex that had been connected into henley blocks before the meter, then clipped down and along the stairs, then clipped to ceiling of hall through door frame and tiewrapped to gutter out to shed, inside the shed was 2 2way board, radial for 3x 2gang metal clad sockets on ceiling, and a seperate lighting circuit for bulkheads along the wall

i just disconnected the flex from the henleys , will no doubt be back to rip out everything else once landlord approves

Reply to interesting job for friday.. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net