Discuss Interesting videos from Bundy in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I saw that...and I hope NB pursues it, but the guilty party will shrug and say "We left it all ready for completion and asked Kevin to tidy up and he's let us down, sorry"
I'm too old to risk getting really angry (he lied!) but that kind of workmanship really boils my pi**!
(Reminds me of a joke from Gary Delaney: Know what really boils my pi**? Hotel kettles!)

He should have told his mother-in-law beforehand that the CU should be upgraded before any of this work was done.

Sadly as a domestic sparks I come across this type of new install wiring every single week. and I mean literally every single week...

and some of these new bathrooms and kitchens the home owner has paid the fitter a sh!t tonne of cash to do all the work, its not like they went for the cheapest bloke where you kind of expect to get a sh!t install

I have been to £10,000 bathroom jobs and found bare live cables just shoved up in the loft , loose connections all over the place , 1mm used to wire showers , earths cut out on a metal bathroom mirror light or metal wall lights etc etc

You should have watched the videos before posting.

There was no planned electrical work and it was sold on the day as an 'upgrade'.
He had been there before when changing lamps etc.
He should have said then that the cu needed upgrading.

It's of no relevance to the work carried out.
I disagree because if he had told her about the CU needing upgrading before any changes were made then she would have been more informed whether the upgrade was accepted or not.

Any sparky would comment on a CU like that, be they family or not.

I disagree because if he had told her about the CU needing upgrading before any changes were made then she would have been more informed whether the upgrade was accepted or not.

Any sparky would comment on a CU like that, be they family or not.

Do you know that he hadn't already told her, because nothing in that video suggests either that he had or hadn't?

Regardless of the hypothetical musings about unknown conversations within the family, someone felt there was no need to concern themselves with such matters, plough on regardless and then lie about using ELV lighting.

Had the board already been upgraded the result would still have been a sh*t show, albeit one with RCD protection to cover work in that special location.

I have never seen my mother in laws fuse box and would not even think about asking to see it if she asked me to change a light bulb.
I too fail to see the relevance

I have never seen my mother in laws fuse box and would not even think about asking to see it if she asked me to change a light bulb.
I too fail to see the relevance

This screams euphemism.

Sorry
1694373006185.gif

Reply to Interesting videos from Bundy in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net