Discuss interview with bt next week in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

i=p/u

-
Arms
Reaction score
hello again, know if anyone on the forum works for bt or has in the past. have interview next week and told id have to climb, a ladder id presume and work with cable. if any of the british nation could help on anything important you think i should know or look up on , id appreciate

anyone going Raving tonight??/ where??:cool::D

Last edited:
I wouldn't accept a job with BT; a friend has been bullied out of their job with them after 23 years! I know from my own extensive dealings with them, they are more disorgansied that a box of live frogs.

go for it. it's not rocket science. as long as you're not colour blind.

4hour interview and i know nothing about the cable they use or what equipment

cat5 cable is for what?? broadband????? . telephones,???

Would suspect they are not looking for the finished article and will be more than willing to train. If you are keen, polite and well presented i would think you stand a good chance. Must be lots of opportunities to rise up in such a big organisation. Good luck.

Ive worked for them for more years than I care to remember and it has changed out of all recognition. The great thing about BT is that if you show interest and drive opportunities to try alternate job roles are still there. People moan but they have always been a progressive and responsible employer and you could do far worse - I wish you well. As an aside at my interview they asked me to wire a 13A plug ??? and when I was told to report to an exchange on my first day they said knock on the door and tell them your the new "trainee exchange manager". Suffice to say I was cleaning toliets and pushing a broom for some months after that - be warned !

just swot up on everything bt,have a look at 21cn this is the stuff there doing now,if you show you know about who they are and what the are currently doing it will stand you out from the just want a job crowd..they dont expect a fully qualified bt engineer at the interview..good luck

just swot up on everything bt,have a look at 21cn this is the stuff there doing now,if you show you know about who they are and what the are currently doing it will stand you out from the just want a job crowd..they dont expect a fully qualified bt engineer at the interview..good luck

Yep, think that is very good advice - i should have said that :D

I was a engineer for 13 years and jumped ship about 9 years ago when they offered me a redundancy package. The company is no longer a caring company, the training they provided to their engineers was the best in the industry which resulted in a lot of engineers being poached from BT, the tools they provided were also top quality.
Now the company is run by young snotty graduates who don't have a scooby on which end to hold a screwdriver, they only got the managers job by having a degree in pottery.
I still have a lot of friends there who wished they jumped ship when I did, morale is rock bottom and nobody is happy. The managers make their lives hell hoping they will leave as there are no redundancy packages available.

Certainly don't take what they call an 'apprenticeship' you'll end up on the customer service side all the damn time, you may get one day a month on the tools.

Have only scanned what has been said so far, but as others have said be very wary about their methods, put me under a feckload of stress. yea, ME! TBH the job is a piece of wedding cake now, in fact even if you work out ways things will actually work/ spot things which will definitely not work and tell your superiours about it, they don't give a ---- and tell you to do it their way anyway. Then when you demand they sign a bit of paper saying they are telling you to do it their way, they wont. Then when it all goes tats up, guess who's to blame?

If you can keep your head down, take the job and do just that. If you're the sort of person who can't keep their mouth shut (like me), don't touch it with a bargepole. Either way, don't expect to make a long term career oout of it, not now. Wouldn't be suprised if I'm on a blacklist somewhere, just for calling a few people the c word.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to interview with bt next week in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net