Currently reading:
Is he a courier or electrician?

Discuss Is he a courier or electrician? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Gavin John Hyde

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
Last couple of months I have seen this van near where I live and noticed it due to the NICEIC stickers, you get to know other trades in the area so keep an eye out for new competition.
I have seen the guy loading cable amd tools in the back so he is sparking to some degree.
Twice now I have seen him delivering parcels with a parcel delivery handset and notepad in his left hand. Parcel in the right.
Doesnt fill you with confidence to see your electrician moonlighting as a parcel man.
Fair enough maybe he is struggling for work and filling his time but given how little they get paid per parcel I reckon at even £12.00 an hour sparking he would still make more. He has same over heads for van etc... assuming he is actually in the scheme to begin with!
All very peculiar
EDIT as a nosy bugger I checked the mot history of the van, seems at some point it did over 620 thousand miles before going down a lot less (new engine?).... maybe he is santa with that mileage!

20181219_154726.jpg

Parcel delivery drivers I do not envy! Must be a nightmare in this traffic this time of year, I feel guilty ordering something on line.
If this guy delivers my package Gavin, I’ll tell him you say Hi!
Offer him a job, as a labourer I reckon he would be on more than delivering amazon parcels.
I heard this time of year they get worked to death for pennies per parcel.

Offer him a job, as a labourer I reckon he would be on more than delivering amazon parcels.
I heard this time of year they get worked to death for pennies per parcel.
Not sitting on my sofa at 4 in the afternoon after just going out for a bike ride, some call it the Christmas wind down, I call it laziness!

Last couple of months I have seen this van near where I live and noticed it due to the NICEIC stickers, you get to know other trades in the area so keep an eye out for new competition.
I have seen the guy loading cable amd tools in the back so he is sparking to some degree.
Twice now I have seen him delivering parcels with a parcel delivery handset and notepad in his left hand. Parcel in the right.
Doesnt fill you with confidence to see your electrician moonlighting as a parcel man.
Fair enough maybe he is struggling for work and filling his time but given how little they get paid per parcel I reckon at even £12.00 an hour sparking he would still make more. He has same over heads for van etc... assuming he is actually in the scheme to begin with!
All very peculiar
EDIT as a nosy bugger I checked the mot history of the van, seems at some point it did over 620 thousand miles before going down a lot less (new engine?).... maybe he is santa with that mileage!

View attachment 46548
According to the stickers one is the map of Greece and Minoan ferris, he must be Greek and probably driving back and forth to Greek islands to achieve that sort of mileage.

I know a upvc window boy and he’s recently taken on a Christmas run of deliveries for someone and mixes it into his window repair and pricing work, he says he’s making good money doing it. And he has a business partner. But I couldn’t see it myself.

I find a lot of guys doing that are only making a strong wage because they’re working crazy hours.If they were to actually sit and work it out as a business, they’re actually losing money.

I’m also a nosey bugger! I also checked the mot history. I think there’s been an error at the mot place as 2013 it’s 111k then 2014 jumps to 628k, then 2015 it’s 127k......it seems to have failed the mot a lot in its time, a sign it’s had a hard life!

It's a miss entry by the MOT man,
1 years mileage entry was wrong

5th Sept 2013 111510 miles (pass)
2nd Sept 2014 628630 miles (fail)
4th Sept 2014 628630 miles (pass, various repairs done)
4th Sept 2015 127076 miles (fail)

Mileage is consistent before and after.

It's a Vivaro, it's probably had more than 1 engine.

Last edited:
Could be simply helping out his partner I know my friend has to rely on family to cover her when she was unwell or they lose job as they are all self employed good on him ether way for having the gumption to take any work on especially this time of year we can’t all be picky and decide it’s not worth getting out of bed for
Funny enough

I meet a few regular girls in the wholesalers who are in picking up equipment and materials for their husbands who are too busy on the job, they would also look after the books etc

Obviously the man is the single earner and the children are in school, so the wife is being a good partner in both business and marriage sense.

Reply to Is he a courier or electrician? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back