Discuss Is he a courier or electrician? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Gavin John Hyde

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
Last couple of months I have seen this van near where I live and noticed it due to the NICEIC stickers, you get to know other trades in the area so keep an eye out for new competition.
I have seen the guy loading cable amd tools in the back so he is sparking to some degree.
Twice now I have seen him delivering parcels with a parcel delivery handset and notepad in his left hand. Parcel in the right.
Doesnt fill you with confidence to see your electrician moonlighting as a parcel man.
Fair enough maybe he is struggling for work and filling his time but given how little they get paid per parcel I reckon at even £12.00 an hour sparking he would still make more. He has same over heads for van etc... assuming he is actually in the scheme to begin with!
All very peculiar
EDIT as a nosy bugger I checked the mot history of the van, seems at some point it did over 620 thousand miles before going down a lot less (new engine?).... maybe he is santa with that mileage!

20181219_154726.jpg

Parcel delivery drivers I do not envy! Must be a nightmare in this traffic this time of year, I feel guilty ordering something on line.
If this guy delivers my package Gavin, I’ll tell him you say Hi!

Parcel delivery drivers I do not envy! Must be a nightmare in this traffic this time of year, I feel guilty ordering something on line.
If this guy delivers my package Gavin, I’ll tell him you say Hi!
Offer him a job, as a labourer I reckon he would be on more than delivering amazon parcels.
I heard this time of year they get worked to death for pennies per parcel.

Offer him a job, as a labourer I reckon he would be on more than delivering amazon parcels.
I heard this time of year they get worked to death for pennies per parcel.
Not sitting on my sofa at 4 in the afternoon after just going out for a bike ride, some call it the Christmas wind down, I call it laziness!

Reply to Is he a courier or electrician? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net