Discuss JIB Grade in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sparkyharry

Hi. I would appreciate if someone could give me some guidance on the JIB grading system as i have had no help from the JIB!

I have the following qualifications 2330 level 2,3 17th eddition, AM2 NVQ level 3 in electrical engineering maintenance.

I have contacted the jib to see if they have recieved my qualifications and track the progress of my application. To cut a long story short they graded me "Maintenance Electrician" Im not to bothered as still a gold card but what i cant understand is all my qualifications but my nvq are in electrical installation but because my NVQ is in maintenance they haVe graded me as maintenence. I have worked as an install electrician for 2 years and maintenence electrician for 2 ( years aswell and this is when i decided to do my maintenance nvq. Is there any way i can be re graded as an install electrician without doing another nvq 3. I dont intend on going back to maintenance as i prefer install.

All responses would be much appreciated!!!:drool5:

When you filled out the application, they normally have a section for you to state your main discipline, with other disciplines as secondary.
If youasked for instalation as your main, then you will have to contact them, and ask what's going on.

sparkyharry, I think that you will find the problem is your NVQ 3. To be graded as an installation electrician you need the NVQ 3 in install. You clearly have the experience having done 2 years so the NVQ should not be a problem however I do think you need to speak to someone at the JIB to clarify exactly what options are open to you. Perhaps some of your maintenance NVQ will count, but only they will be able to advise you. Good Luck!

Thanks for your comments!

I did put install as main and maintenance as second and also a cover letter from my employer and they signed my application of to be graded as Electrician. I will contact the JIB tomorrow but they seem very hard to talk to as if they are doing you a favour.

Will being graded as maintenace electrician affect me getting work in the industrial spark industry as this is my main job role now and dont want this to affect my future.

Many thanks

hi and welcome mate, you'll find this a very helpful forum.
as for grading i'd have to agree with above, i'm sure it comes down to the nvq3 bit.

Hi & welcome.:)

Hello

:welcome: to the forum

Who knows what the JIB will decide.... I think it normally depends on the day of the week... Or more likely who opens your application!!!

Reply to JIB Grade in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net