Discuss Just starting my apprenticeship and I need advice on workwear! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I've been wearing Snickers 3211 for the last few years, hard wearing and clean easily, not too hot in summer. Have inbuilt pockets for knee pads that are hard wearing: Snickers Workwear 3211 CoolTwill Holster Trousers, 3211 Snickers Trousers - http://www.snickersdirect.co.uk/snickers-workwear-3211-cooltwill-holster-trousers-3211-snickers-trousers-p-81621.html

Also the Scruffs trade hoodie I find really comfortable: https://www.mad4tools.com/scruffs-t...svtg=pla-295836882176&esvo=21256&esvaid=50186

Helly Hansen work wear jacket, can't find a link but seems to have been superseded by something else.

Cheap polo shirts from Sports Direct.

Site Fortress safety boots, they have a rubber toes cap cover whcih lasts a longtime as you can get kicked off site for having an exposed toe cap: https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/site-fortress-safety-boots-black-size-9/8452v

Black beanie hat off eBay...

One of my wifes red g-strings...

I just got of pair of these.good looking guy ant i.
Bavarian-Lederhosen~939739FRSP.jpg

Another vote for scruffs trousers here, I buy Sainsburys black TU t shirts when they have their 25% off weekends, they last forever! and are about £3, I have them embroidered with my company logo but as far as T shirts go you won't go far wrong there. These dewalt jumpers are the mutts nutts! https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/dewalt-brunswick-windproof-jumper-olive-x-large-45-47-chest/7641v

Apache trousers, don't break the bank and decent quality. Could never justify the price of snickers. As for jacket whatever happens to be lying in the van. Generally the big yellow coat, which sadly after some great service needs replaced as it's lost a sleeve

Giving your size away with that link Roly - you’ll be getting a nickname if Buzz gets wind! (of it)
I picked up some Dickies work shoes and they’ve been comfortable from day one.
I do like a Gilet in this unpredictable weather. Also you can have a dirty t shirt and it gets covered up. Site gilet from Screwfix did me.
Another vote for scruffs trousers here, I buy Sainsburys black TU t shirts when they have their 25% off weekends, they last forever! and are about £3, I have them embroidered with my company logo but as far as T shirts go you won't go far wrong there. These dewalt jumpers are the mutts nutts! https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/dewalt-brunswick-windproof-jumper-olive-x-large-45-47-chest/7641v

Get partial elasticated waist trousers, I started my apprenticeship in a 30 waist trouser and am clinging on to a 36 waist by the skin of my elastics, holding onto the little things in life :D

(Always carry cable ties for when the button goes and reality hits home)
and a couple of yards of single 2.5mm for when you belts breaks.

pirate can show you how to knot it.

thought you had to be gas safe to wear a boiler suit. when you fart it goes straight up to your neck. don't strike a light.

Another vote for scruffs trousers here, I buy Sainsburys black TU t shirts when they have their 25% off weekends, they last forever! and are about £3, I have them embroidered with my company logo but as far as T shirts go you won't go far wrong there. These dewalt jumpers are the mutts nutts!
god I was thinking about you lots at a fashion show ,and today rolls of Royce ,waring Victoria beckbums collection .hit that runway boy.
zoolander-2-trailer.jpeg

Hello, I'm just starting into my electrician apprenticeship now, I'm roughly a week in.

I've been wearing a sweatshirt and cheap topman chinos.. I had to buy boots (company paid) and I got some Dewalt Challenger 3s, they're grand but not all that comfy.. I'm guessing I have to break them in.

What work trousers should I wear?
A lot of guys are saying go with a pair of snickers, but what model?
I want the big pockets anyway.
I'm looking at flexiwork or maybe the floorlayers as they seem to be very highly regarded, what about the flexi-foorlayers? They're a bit more pricey but if they're worth the extra cash I might get them.
Also how do they fit?

Any recommendations for jackets/tops too? I'll probably need something waterproof sooner or later.
If it's high vis I can go with out a vest which'd be great.

Unrelated - A lot of the guys are pushing me towards instrumentation saying 'that's where the moneys at, and there's none of this rubbish acting', how true is that? Or is it a case of grass looking greener?
Blaklader - https://mammothworkwear.com/blaklader-workwear/

Hello, I'm just starting into my electrician apprenticeship now, I'm roughly a week in.

I've been wearing a sweatshirt and cheap topman chinos.. I had to buy boots (company paid) and I got some Dewalt Challenger 3s, they're grand but not all that comfy.. I'm guessing I have to break them in.

What work trousers should I wear?
A lot of guys are saying go with a pair of snickers, but what model?
I want the big pockets anyway.
I'm looking at flexiwork or maybe the floorlayers as they seem to be very highly regarded, what about the flexi-foorlayers? They're a bit more pricey but if they're worth the extra cash I might get them.
Also how do they fit?

Any recommendations for jackets/tops too? I'll probably need something waterproof sooner or later.
If it's high vis I can go with out a vest which'd be great.

Unrelated - A lot of the guys are pushing me towards instrumentation saying 'that's where the moneys at, and there's none of this rubbish acting', how true is that? Or is it a case of grass looking greener?
Blaklader - https://mammothworkwear.com/blaklader-workwear/
Best I've seen, got some at ELEX a few years back

Reply to Just starting my apprenticeship and I need advice on workwear! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net