Discuss Just starting my apprenticeship and I need advice on workwear! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I asked him, he’s all good with it!

DF9BCD4C-AF55-4C6E-AE21-DED4DD1D3453.jpeg
does Stanley know they're flogging his keks?

mine. 37" waist 30 for the flesh and 7 for the beer.

what choice do we have. we can't drink the Mersey. that's almost as rancid as john smiths smoothflow.

T
I'm wearing a snickers 1512 jacket, and a pair of 3312 trousers

I work inside so would only need a body warmer on top of this in the winter.

But it depends on your work. There's certainly cheaper options available if you don't want to spend nearly an apprentices
Hello, I'm just starting into my electrician apprenticeship now, I'm roughly a week in.

I've been wearing a sweatshirt and cheap topman chinos.. I had to buy boots (company paid) and I got some Dewalt Challenger 3s, they're grand but not all that comfy.. I'm guessing I have to break them in.

What work trousers should I wear?
A lot of guys are saying go with a pair of snickers, but what model?
I want the big pockets anyway.
I'm looking at flexiwork or maybe the floorlayers as they seem to be very highly regarded, what about the flexi-foorlayers? They're a bit more pricey but if they're worth the extra cash I might get them.
Also how do they fit?

Any recommendations for jackets/tops too? I'll probably need something waterproof sooner or later.
If it's high vis I can go with out a vest which'd be great.

Unrelated - A lot of the guys are pushing me towards instrumentation saying 'that's where the moneys at, and there's none of this rubbish acting', how true is that? Or is it a case of grass looking greener?
Your going to work not a fashion show expensive gear soons get ruined. Don't bother trying to look smart, it can be a filthy job sometimes.

Did you know that half your waist line is your neck size!
If you take a pair of trousers, do up the button and the zip, they’ll fit around your neck exactly - no more need for fitting rooms.
Note - make sure they’re your trousers and not the wife’s as you may get a shock!
Now - hands up who just tried it out?

In spite of the cost I’ve been wearing Snickers 3223 floorlayers for years, for one reason and one reason alone.
And my knees thank me for it.
The unfortunate drawback is that they’re heavy, and the pockets only conspire to exacerbate the problem.
Last year I thought I’d try the new 6923 flexiwork floorlayers and, honestly, they’re worth the extra cash. Really comfy and much lighter. Entirely different cut too,
sit much higher on the waist, not the hips.
Anyway, whilst you need to be comfortable at work and take care of yourself you also need to eat and enjoy yourself; find what’s affordable and fits.

Cheap Dunlop trousers were ok, Englebert Strauss or very light weight Mascot recently....all with knee pockets.I am skinny and have found sizes in those brands....Keep an eye on the knee pads as they can wear in the centre without being obvious. Fleece tops/jackets, Aldi have done some long lasting tops but as someone else mentioned comfort is priority over brand.

nah. he' buys ready motifed hard rock cafe ones.

Reply to Just starting my apprenticeship and I need advice on workwear! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net