Search the forum,

Discuss Latest on the court challenge!!! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Having received a few interesting emails, I've just wandered down to my hotel's reception area to make use of the Wifi connection.

Like the rest of you, I am wondering what this exactly means for the industry. I've got a skiing trip booked in mid Jan and I wonder if I may well be clambering around roofs instead.

As we said at the time - the government had dropped a huge flesh-sack and it was pretty clear that things were going to get messy. A cut to the FITs was blatantly necessary but the severity and speed of the cut drew a huge gasp from pretty much everyone - industry and public.

At the very least, Greg Barker and Chris Huhne should resign. It is my sincere hope that they are then one day given a glimpse of what it is like to run a small business and they may even experience of blink of shame for once in their lives.

Has "Dave the leader of the Greenest Government" actually made any comment about this whole shambles, has it even been registered what Mr Huhne at the DECC has done ! He seems all happy to promote the so called East-end silly-con-valley and other silly initiative but where is his leadership and foresight.....

Interesting times my friends.

Sadly Finchy your believe in the House of Commons numpties having any grasp of our situation is ill founded, however lets hope the good people at Friends of the Earth and the two big boys have made a successful challenge to this ridiculous charade.
We are looking forward to 2012 and were before today's news.

However, could anybody out there give me a good answer to the question " What's to stop the powers that be, screwing around with any future deal or indeed deals already in place?"

This is a question that often comes up from our prospects and it's one that usual starts me ranting,which I need to stop...

Seasons Greetings.

Having received a few interesting emails, I've just wandered down to my hotel's reception area to make use of the Wifi connection.

Like the rest of you, I am wondering what this exactly means for the industry. I've got a skiing trip booked in mid Jan and I wonder if I may well be clambering around roofs instead.

As we said at the time - the government had dropped a huge flesh-sack and it was pretty clear that things were going to get messy. A cut to the FITs was blatantly necessary but the severity and speed of the cut drew a huge gasp from pretty much everyone - industry and public.

At the very least, Greg Barker and Chris Huhne should resign. It is my sincere hope that they are then one day given a glimpse of what it is like to run a small business and they may even experience of blink of shame for once in their lives.

Surely nothing is worth missing out on the ski trip!! I too am off mid-Jan to tignes, climbing round on roof's is a distant second!! ;)

I have been involved with this Government in the Public Pensions non-negotiations and I would bet that this government will manipulate the court challenge so things come out even worse for the industry and us customers....watching with great interest.

Sections 55-57 are interesting:

55. Under an energy efficiency requirement, thosewith older properties may face costs of up to £23,000 toinstall a typical domestic solar power system. The more stringentoption of requiring homes to meet an Energy Performance Certificate'C' rating would, according to DECC estimates, cut take up by92%, reflecting the significant additional costs this option wouldrequire, effectively ending new solar PV installations in homes.Even if this were not the case, it seems to us that propertiesalready meeting the 'C' rated EPC standard will be owned disproportionatelyby wealthier families, and applying that standard to solar FiTseligibility could distort the take up of this incentive.

57. The choice of energy efficiency requirementoption by the Government could have a fatal impact on the take-upof the scheme after 2012. Access to FiTs should not be closed-offby the need to improve take-up of Green Deal measures. Requiringthe 'C' rated EPC energy efficiency standard could limit accessto wealthier households. The Government must consider alternativeenergy efficiency options and publish alternative impact assessments.These options might include (a) offering a range of tariff levelsbased on energy efficiency; (b) linking eligibility to a specificimprovement in efficiency rather than an absolute standard; and(c) linking eligibility to the completion of certain Green Dealmeasures.

Also liking paragraphs 75 and 82:

75. DECC is not considering the cost control mechanismfor Feed-in Tariffs at the same time as setting new tariff ratesfor solar panels because of the "urgency" of the needto make the proposed changes. This approach may result in furtherrevisions to solar tariff rates. Such tinkering undermines confidencein the tariffs, and runs contrary to the Minister's ambition toprovide transparency, longevity and certainty for energy policy.The Government should ensure that it develops a cost control mechanismwhich minimises the possibility of further sudden reviews of thetariff rates simply in order to keep the scheme within budget.

82. There is a fundamental conflict between theGovernment aims of, on the one hand, encouraging the deploymentof solar PV to contribute to emissions reductions and, on theother hand, steering the deployment of renewables technologiesin a way that is most cost effective through the spending capframework. This means that it is unable to present a clear messageabout the case for solar PV.

well, that looks pretty much like we have all been saying on here. Abandon the energy rating thing and have a proper system of degression like Germany.
It's not rocket science, we all get it so why don't these oxford/Cambridge educated super brains?!!

I am seriously considering standing for election at the next general election as an independant green. I am told it costs around 600 as a non returnable deposit. At the very least I can use my equal media time to expose the muppets we currently have as elected members and possibly get some advertising for my business as well.
There are a lot of people on here who could do the same and we could cover a lot more areas.
You need to be part of the system to change the system and there are a lot of voters out there who are as cheesed off as we are with the options available at election time.
My MP Conor Burns, conservative, voted with the con dem with regard to the changes despite our letters etc so he deserves to be ousted.

Tim Yeo MP, chairman of the joint EAC/ECC Select Committee, was on R4 this morning. From what he said he definitely 'gets it' as, I think, the committee's report clearly shows.

So what do I tell my business partners about our Solar division ? As it was we canceled on new van and posponed further recuritement. At the moment I am planning a launch at 21p, for Jan to April. Are we all just wasting our time.... What should I be doing to pay my wages whilst the Government come up with a Plan....Can I invoice the DECC for my wage cost until they make their mind up.....? Surely now their actions were deemed illegal it leaves them open for law suites...

it's a fair point. if their illegal activity caused your company financial loss then surely there is a case for a civil claim for damages

exactly ! They can afford to sell Northern Rock 1/2 billion under the true value then they can afford to pay me a couple pence !

What about customers who did not go ahead with previously planned installations because it was not possible to meet the 12 December deadline, if it transpires that deadline could not legally have been the 12th after all, or who ended up with a different system than ordered due to stock shortages etc.

It could prove very costly if the government is liable for any remedial costs!

Reply to Latest on the court challenge!!! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back