Discuss Let's submit our responses to the P2 consultation! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

solarcat

Just can't believe only 2300 responses were received for the first consultation....
Are we all just complaining in forums without expressing our opinion to those who really have the power of doing something about it?

I suppose a lot of people are beyond sceptical that anyone would listen to them.

Take a look at Greg Barker's twitter feed. He routinely ignores every single tweet apart from the odd one here and there that actually agrees with him (or appears to) and decides to retweet that.

I've complained long and hard to everyone I could and all I have to show for my efforts is a generic letter from my Lib Dem MP.

I have to admit that I do think DECC did take consultation responses into account this time - well, apart from the obvious ones on the rates themselves.

At least 4 of the specific points I raised concerns over EPCs and aggregators were addressed.

It would be a help if someone could provide a list of points to make - I did do the last consultation and persuaded at least one friend to do it (I asked others but do not know if they did) - but am a customer so may have missed some things i could have said. shocked so few actually submitted replies.

Your dammed if you do, dammed if you don't. The government will do what it likes anyway, and my days in solar look numbered anyway, i haven't renewed my REAL and my MCS is up in August, i ride the wave till then and most likely not renew, so in this instance my voice wouldn't have made a difference. Im demoralised with it all.

I enjoy PV and have enjoyed the last two years that i have been involved, but i cant work with people that cannot see past there nose and stuff an industry thats starting to get of the ground, provide jobs to thousands in a period of time when the doors are closing for most.

In terms of business, i dont have all my eggs in one basket, so for me its business as normal, but i will strongly think twice before retraining and investing in technology that's controlled closely by suits in London that have not lived in the real world.

Reply to Let's submit our responses to the P2 consultation! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net