Discuss Mk consumer units in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

WallaceP

-
Arms
Reaction score
What is the story with them? I thought they were being discontinued (not sure where i heard that tho). But recently i noticed they were selling SPD models that i had never seen before. Have they had a change or heart or is this still old stock?

I was watching a David Savery video the other week and he said MK boards are new being made by another company still under the old MK banner

Its handy theyre available again, had to order a type A rccb incomer for an existing board a few weeks ago, denmans got it in for me, was a bit slow though, i shalnt use the boards anymore as they were cheap and cheerful but no longer are cheap

Its handy theyre available again, had to order a type A rccb incomer for an existing board a few weeks ago, denmans got it in for me, was a bit slow though, i shalnt use the boards anymore as they were cheap and cheerful but no longer are cheap
What are you using now, personally i am between hager and fusebox with the occasional wylex or crabtree if there is already that brand on site.

What are you using now, personally i am between hager and fusebox with the occasional wylex or crabtree if there is already that brand on site.
I only fit full rcbo boards now, currently using Lewden, theyre about £11.50+vat per type A rcbo. The enclosures and spds are cheap. Heard some recent good things about the fusebox so may give these a try soon.

I only fit full rcbo boards now, currently using Lewden, theyre about £11.50+vat per type A rcbo. The enclosures and spds are cheap. Heard some recent good things about the fusebox so may give these a try soon.
9.50+ vat in Edmondsons and local cef here selling fusebox for 6.50+ vat although I've never actually used fusebox.

I actually find lewden to be very good. None of the slant that some cheaper brands suffer from and cover fits nicely. Shocking that brands like mcg it can be a struggle to get the board cover on.

Last edited:
Lewden and Hager, depending on the client's pocket depth.
Lewden have just started making a new consumer unit with more compact, type A, double pole RCBOs.
I'll be giving them a try when I can...

I've wanted to use Fusebox, but my local CEF doesn't stock them?? Doesn't show up on their website either. How are you getting them from there?
There's only 1 cef branch here that sells them and it just luck it's beside me, I asked that myself and he said they were bringing them in to see if there would be any interest before any other branches would buy into it. Been waiting for an opportunity to try one out.

9.50+ vat in Edmondsons and local cef here selling fusebox for 6.50+ vat although I've never actually used fusebox.

I actually find lewden to be very good. None of the slant that some cheaper brands suffer from and cover fits nicely. Shocking that brands like mcg it can be a struggle to get the board cover on.
Sounds like a good price. I cant get CEF to move much on price. Which leads me to shop online, I tell them what i am buying and for what but they seem disinterested ?

Reply to Mk consumer units in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net