Discuss motorized valve and pump wiring assistance needed in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
20130108_152955[1].jpg20130108_152945[1].jpgHi guys

i have 2 honeywell programer and 4 wireless honeywell themostat and 4 motorised valves and 4 pumps (not yet installed)

i need it so that when i call for water the vaule opens and the pump turns on.

i have wired it using 5core .75 in the following way but still seem to be having problems

Programmer i have L E N and then 1 2 3 4 which i have used to sperate circiuts so hot water will be one and heating will be another

so coming out of 1 and 3 is one circiut ON and OFF and 2 and 4 the other circuit

at the stat i have my supply and a link over to common and my on and off coming out of B C

then before i get the the valve and pump i have an adaptable box

cables from value

N (blue) CW (black) CWW (brown) the black one coming from motorised valve
C (white) NO (red) NC (orange) is the grey cable

and pump is just L E N

i have connected at the adaptable box the following......

all N's
all e's
CW,NO,pump live - feed from B on stat
CWW,NC - feed from on stat
live,C

ive now been told I don't need the grey cable coming from motorised valve.

quite confused, defo isn't working as it should. first time doing this

any help would be appreciated

thanks alot

Cant really make out your wiring but you will need relays. Each stat will open its designated valve. Each valve switch N/O contact will feed it's respective pump and a relay coil. A separate perm Live will link the common of 4 relays,and the N/O contact linked across all 4 will feed the boiler...this prevents backfeeds starting all the pumps.
Normally the switch contacts on the valves are orange and grey,and the brown opens the valve.

You will need 4 relays. The return from each stat will open it's respective valve. The N/O contacts on the valve will feed it's respective pump and a relay coil. Link the relay common of each relay with a perm live,and link the relay N/O contact of each relay and from that feed the boiler,this prevents backfeeds starting all the pumps. Normally the N/O contacts on the valve are orange and grey,and the brown opens the valve.

You had 2 identical threads running King_11. I've merged all the replies into this one and closed the other.

I've also put this in the heating sub-forum for you.

so i should put a relay between the stat and motor?

No....the stat will open the valve and start the pump assigned to it....and energise a relay coil. The N/O contact on the relay will operate the boiler via a separate perm live. You will require a separate relay for each valve/pump combination,but the N/O contacts of each relay will simply be linked together.
If you draw out a diagram as I sugessted you will see that this arrangement means only the pump and valve assigned to a stat will get a feed,but whichever stat is calling the boiler will fire without causing a backfeed to the other pump/valves.

Reply to motorized valve and pump wiring assistance needed in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net