Discuss My last job! retired now, in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

There is something not right with this thread... I'm not sure what it is yet.

DONJAY, let it go dude. Forget about it. Write the debt off and move on. This is not worth your health.

And why has it moved on from an 18 page letter to PPI? What is the real issue here?

Much as I tend to immediately empathize with any contractor who struggles to get paid, I also was somewhat suspicious because I'm not sure why a customer querying earth bonding in a domestic installation would or could involve an 18 page reply from the contractor......

DonJay, don’t bother forwarding your letter to me the offer is withdrawn.
I’ve looked your previous posts.

You retired two years ago with the same gripe then. What have you done since? Nothing by the sound of it.

I know it's ridiculous, but believe me i don't write a letter that long for no reason, there are many things that i haven’t even mentioned yet! As to above quote from the husband, they wanted to try and fool me, however that quote only applies to 17th Edition, the installation they are referring to is 16th Edition, basically i only looked at the bonding out of habit and what i believe to be good practice, They see that as a means of saving money! The fact is it is a Legal requirement that all electricians check the bonding is in place, before starting any work. As otherwise this could put them in a very questionable legal position, You may notice from the above quote the missing part is deliberately missing!
Anyway guys thanks for your views, There is so much more to this and copies of many quotes to correct this crazy situation, which is why i guess i was hoping for a friendly exchange one to one so to speak to help me resolve it, The reason being it’s impossible to compact it to make it effective and yet easy to read. Thanks for the last message, I have been ill for a long time.i apologise for that, Thanks anyway guys, I will leave it there

Your probably best off having a one to one with a solicitor rather than an electrician. If it hasn't escalated to legal levels in 2 years then chances are it never will so just let it go.

I could start with the non statutory nature of the regs but as you say its best to leave this I think unless you are willing to disclose a lot more information

The dispute is still going on, but not for long now, and thank you Tony, The reason i had to resurrect the problem, is to update the situation! as i felt i needed to do so, to explain to those who did not know of my problems, i had to raise the gripes again, in other words start at the beginning, of course i have been busy, i thought my story may help others that are forced in to anything similar, to my problems, because there is a way to turn everything round, and that more recent, rather hilarious events have shown this. The reason for the long letter is because i used copies of replies from them to tie them in knots, and to keep track of their replies also, i mentioned PPI because if there is one problem, there is always another one plonked on top, to make things worse! there is no need to escalate the problem with a solicitor, incurring more costs! This is what all my letter and telling you guys, was about, I just needed a bit of a boost in confidence, over one point, which i now have, from elsewhere, it is not possible to isolate one point, (which means nothing out of context) The whole lot of 18 pages is relevant, and shows the length people will go to, to avoid paying! i am not prepared to disclose any more on a public forum, that is why i misguidedly hoped for someone, i could trust, to check i had everything technically correct. Obviously from the replies i had, that would not have worked out! Apparently i am seen as suspicious! Something not right etc! That is because no one saw the letter! or the many points made in it! Anyway thank you for your time, It was a huge mistake on my part to ask for advice, i hope none of you guys ever get stung like i did, It does affect your health, but there is a way to fight back, and you do not need a solicitor! I will in this case get more back than they initially owed! Result, Thank you for your time, All the best
DONJAY

In the past I've been "stung" as you say. And for the tidy sum of circa £52000 and in all honesty solicitors are the only way to go, that's why I advised as such.

Im glad you have found resolution in your problem, I did try to email you regarding the letter and twice advised that your email address posted was wrong.

Lets hope it's all sorted and doesn't need another 18 pages adding to it in 2 years time :) all the best

Reply to My last job! retired now, in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net