Discuss My New Website.....1st Attempt! in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Thanks for the replies guy.

With regards with PayPal, it kind of acts as a middle man, so you pay money into my PayPal account, then it takes it from your PayPal account. I think I used the business setup as apposed to a normal private account……but don’t quote me on that as it was a while ago since I set it up. :confused:

The website was designed with Freeola’s 'InstantPro' website design software, which is very quick and easy to use (website address bought through 'GetDotted.com'). Because I use them as my ISP, I get free website hosting. Normally I think it’s around £3.50 a month, or something like that? I did try using Mr Site’s Website Takeaway, but didn’t like it one bit, couldn’t do half the things I wanted to do! :mad:

I’ll look again at the ‘DIY Electrics’ bit when I have some downtime. It was in the NICEIC PR pack, so I just copied & pasted……I should really read it I suppose!!!:D:D:D

Thanks for that, forgot to update the link box for the logos.:rolleyes: Im not sure what link to put for the Part P logo? The page I was going to use, now points to the ELECSA website.

Hi

check out my Part P section, feel free to use this if you want

I am going to be tidying this up a little bit, putting the Part P logo on and maybe a few pics to compliment the sections but hey not bad for a first time attempt.

Blu Sparx Electrical Contractor - Billingham Stockton Middlesbrough Redcar Guisborough Hartlepool and Darlington Electrician

Hi BigSi...

just a quick note...

make sure that every page has a Title in the top of each page there is a <title> x </title> section.

Replace the x with whatever the title of that page should be, and make them unique to that page, maybe put "Dunsec | Accreditations", "Dunsec | Contact", etc...

also, make sure that you have basic keywords in all pages, but then page specific keywords....
The keywords section is enclosed in the tags: <keywords> x </keywords>

Other things that google likes is bold headings, the search engine robots will scan pages for any text that is bold, not completely necessary as it may make your page look odd, but it all helps if you can.

another thing that really helps is to place a robot.txt file in the home directory of your webserver... (where you upload your index.html files too)... the content should be something like this:

# can add a comment here
User-agent: *
Disallow:
Disallow: /cgi-bin/
Sitemap: http://www.yoursite.com/sitemap.gz

you can create a robots file through google or at this site: Robots.txt Generator - McAnerin International Inc.

Check out these site for further help:

Google Analytics
Google Adwords
Google Keyword Tool
Google Web Tools
Google Webmaster Tools

all of this will help with your google rankings...

Another good practice is to get your website listed on webpages that already have high rankings, free listing on yell.co.uk, and other sites like that is a good idea... :D

~Liberator

edit: be warned, google adwords is a chargeable service.... if you don't understand it all too well, get some help.... your monthly bill could be £100's or £1000's if you don't set it up carefully........ peace

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to My New Website.....1st Attempt! in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net