Discuss Negotiations going as expected.... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Yet another prime example of believing headline rubbish and not the facts

Try these quotes from Which

While you’re unlikely to see a noticeable reduction in your energy bills at home, the EU estimates that the amount of energy saved as a result of the label will be 20TWh annually, that’s equivalent to the residential electricity consumption of Belgium

While it is too early to say what the impact of new regulations will be, we have tested vacuum cleaners with 900W motors that do a better job of dust-busting than vacuum cleaners with motors two or three times the size. What’s more, we’ve reported on vacuum cleaners in the past that are so noisy, you’d be forgiven for thinking that you were using a lawnmower to clean your living room. So the maximum noise restriction could be good news for your ears.

Making efforts to contain global warming does not seem to be as important as the headline makers will have you believing

Oh and whilst I got myself sucked in again to a thread after I intended staying well away from
I was almost chewing the screen when it was posted how that dead politician with the annoying voice would have sorted them out

She did enough damage destroying the communities in Wales and elsewhere, the evil deeds she resided over is still impacting to this day
Des 56, I have to admit I missed the last bit of your post. I agree entirely that the evil witch destroyed whole swathes of society, and had no regard for it in general. There are still vast sections of my local community suffering from her social injustices. We are now reaping the pain and expense of her privatisation, or should I say her robbing of state owned companies in order to sell them off to a few of her mates. I just meant we need someone with some balls to stand up the the intransigent jokers who are conduction the negotiations on behalf of the EU.

While you’re unlikely to see a noticeable reduction in your energy bills at home, the EU estimates that the amount of energy saved as a result of the label will be 20TWh annually, that’s equivalent to the residential electricity consumption of Belgium

While it is too early to say what the impact of new regulations will be, we have tested vacuum cleaners with 900W motors that do a better job of dust-busting than vacuum cleaners with motors two or three times the size. What’s more, we’ve reported on vacuum cleaners in the past that are so noisy, you’d be forgiven for thinking that you were using a lawnmower to clean your living room. So the maximum noise restriction could be good news for your ears.

Making efforts to contain global warming does not seem to be as important as the headline makers will have you believing

Oh and whilst I got myself sucked in again to a thread after I intended staying well away from
I was almost chewing the screen when it was posted how that dead politician with the annoying voice would have sorted them out

She did enough damage destroying the communities in Wales and elsewhere, the evil deeds she resided over is still impacting to this day

Policies continued by Tony Blair ........

i seem to remember it was that comb over scarecrow scargill destroyed the mining communities in his misguided attempt to bring down the government of the day. let's face facts. when it costs more to extract coal from the ground than you can sell it for, it's a non-viable business . no matter who is in charge of the country.

I apologise before hand for derailing the thread but I can't let Tels post go unanswered

Yes it was no longer economical to extract coal from deep coal mines when it was competing with imported open cast Australian mines and often subsidised coal from deep mines in Germany and Poland

Yes there was a political agenda from Scargil and an equal determination by that woman to get one over on the miners for previous advantages they gained which were justified when they occurred

If big job losses were to occur in a town reliant on say a huge car manufacturer,it is always right and proper that the government try and ease the effects of closure by trying to stimulate other industries to provide alternatives,provide training opportunities and generally ease the burden on the town

The mines closing would be hard to bear in normal circumstances when the welfare of communities would be considered
What she did was vindictive,callous and completely and utterly com passionless.
Her revenge and the price paid was not just the closed mines,it was the communities and the children of the communities that bore the terrible price she inflicted
A whole generation of the young lived in poverty and despair

She imported a vicious american to quickly and mercilessly close as many and in as short a time possible of the mines,with no care what happened to the communities they served

Unlike large towns and cities,the mines had a almost monopoly of work available in these areas,without them there was nothing,there was no alternative programmes to stimulate any other work or industries or even training to take their place
For many years a whole generation was thrown in the gutter,they grew older with little care to the life and culture that went before,all they had was destitution,not surprisingly these communities changed for the worse and are now not recognisable to what they should have become

She may be revered by those in other parts who gained from her evil but here she is a witch who cast an evil spell on those who did not deserve that treatment,she took her revenge on a whole generation of the children of many communities
May she lay peacefully in her grave and hope that the likes of her never again get in a position of power over innocent people

The UK only has 1 air worthy Lancaster and that's currently grounded ....

Ah Ha! I'm back in the thread...
I've seen it several times,and i organised a "Taxi at T/O speed",for me dad,on our other Lancaster,The Lady Jane,which has four engines ready to fit,and a good hope of flying again :)

The family is off to Scampton,next week,where i fully hope,not to be listening to folk whining-lyrical,concerning the omnipotent evil nature of deceased politicians,who would have been formidable indeed,had they possessed such perceived,exponentially increasing power...

Leaving the EU was a decision made by many voters who believed the nonsense spouted about how wonderful life would be, if only we bucked the world trend for co operation and integration and walked a lone path
It is quietly being realised and feared that all will not be well in the UK household after all
The fee for leaving is a debt for numerous shared projects that we have and are benefiting from,its only the projected level that is disputed,the end figure will be finalised and will be paid irrelevant of the final figure,to not do so would destroy any reputation,trust or trade that we will now desperately need having made the silliest decision a nation (maybe soon to become a number of nations)could have made

We have gambled the future of all young people (who did not deserve this punishment voted for on their behalf)and inflicted on them by older people with little vision of life without the Eu

The real life outside the EU is slowly dawning on many who voted for crazy, its reality is a long way from the utopia of those who campaigned to leave promised them
It will be something very very different from that vision of paradise,more like a self imposed hell for future generations

I find it really pathetic that the remoaners believe they have some morale high ground and continue to call into question the integrity of those that voted out. The referendum campaigns delivered by both sides were lacking in so many ways. The pro EU campaign was scuppered with David Cameron's shuffling negotiations for a deal that the EU made clear they had no intention honouring if we voted to remain, these are the same people the UK are trying to negotiate with now.
The biggest problem this country has now is all those people who want to turn democracy on it's head and are doing their utmost to destroy the UK's ability to negotiate the terms of leaving

The EU will try to punish us, its the same as the vindictive husband who's wife of 25 years has had enough and has decided to leave him and now he will try to screw her over and control her.

What most of the people in the UK are sick off is being "controlled" by Europe (France and Germany) immigration is far too high, its fine for people that want to work but we are getting the dregs of the world coming here as all they see is "free money" and asylum should be claimed in the first free/safe country you arrive in.

To me its spitefulness and if we are going to leave then just leave and tell them to do one, most people I believe who voted out thought they'd never win and it would have fired a warning shot across the bows of the EU ship which is basically a bunch of freeloaders lining their own pockets as fast as then can with their all self interests a number one priority. The problem is the Leave Campaign won, what the EU should have said is "bugger, we need to change" and to implement a relaxation of the rules and to give us back the freedoms that have been taken away bit by bit, deportations should be easier and the removal of the undesirables, I have Abu Hamza's wife living around the corner from me in a nice 4 bedroom council house thats worth about £1.2M and the residents aren't happy about it but they can't touch her, anyways turning in to a bit of a rant.

London opportunity to work is a lot better then the rest of the country and I can imagine its a lot worse Northwards of Watford jobs wise and trying to find somewhere to live but maybe the members on here that are in those areas can comment on that aspect.

The EU has no intention of changing for anybody it is not in their agenda to compromise

Don't care which way any one voted, we're leaving. But those that voted out, believe this process is going to be anything other than costly or problematic, is being a bit naive.

We've been in this 'club' for a long time, with its tentacles embedded in our constitution, legislation and business. So that's going to take some organising, and work obtaining new business.

Somewhat like the advice regular given to th
ose on here asking if they should go self employed. The answer is mostly always yes, but with a few caveats.

There's always rattling of swords at these events, which eventually will get sorted, it has to, 'cos that's what we decided to do.

To be honest Brexit was never going to be a smooth ride let's face it the massive exit bill that is being presented by the EU is to fill that budget black hole it leaves them with when the UK stops paying it's subs
With regard to EU legislation some of it borders on unnecessary stupidity and probably only exists to make work for an office full of bureaucrats and needs binning at the earliest opportunity

Trying to influence global warming is like peeing into the wind and not getting your feet wet

She was ably aided and abetted by Scargill who used the mineworkers for way to many years to line his own pockets

Yes,I can see that truth does indeed blind those who dont want it shown
Oh and dittro with your favourite retort, cobblers to your post

You obviously are speaking from experience looking at some of what you have posted

That's another debate Tel. Fact are:
1. It couldn't be sold at market rates because at the time we were competing against other countries that had massive subsidies injected into their own mining industry, which the government of the time was not prepared to do
2. It has since been proved by the freedom of information act that the Tory government at that time (fronted by Mrs T) was determined, at any cost, to defeat both Scargill and the Trades Unions because they had given that heap of turds Heath a hiding previously.
Come to think of it, it was that tawt that got us into this mess in the first place, just to try and make himself look good.
If you want to witness the effects of Mrs T's actions, I could show you huge swathes of the country round here that have never, and will never, be the same again.

Gormley set the bar in the 70's, Scargill wanted to do the same in the 80's. Scargill failed and in doing so wiped out the livelyhoods of NUM members

Des 56, I have to admit I missed the last bit of your post. I agree entirely that the evil witch destroyed whole swathes of society, and had no regard for it in general. There are still vast sections of my local community suffering from her social injustices. We are now reaping the pain and expense of her privatisation, or should I say her robbing of state owned companies in order to sell them off to a few of her mates. I just meant we need someone with some balls to stand up the the intransigent jokers who are conduction the negotiations on behalf of the EU.

The real evil was Scargill and the way he treated the NUM members for many years and even had the audacity to take the NUM to court when they stopped his many perks

Barnier has got a script with little or no scope to work with which allows no room for negotiating anything and the EU power brokers behind him have no intention of backing down, no matter how hard nosed you are the EU will not back down as the grand plan is taking a bit of a hit

that' OK.we just do same as in the films. film the same aircraft from different angles and paste all the images into one, so 1 becomes 20.

I've seen it several times,and i organised a "Taxi at T/O speed",for me dad,on our other Lancaster,The Lady Jane,which has four engines ready to fit,and a good hope of flying again :)

The family is off to Scampton,next week,where i fully hope,not to be listening to folk whining-lyrical,concerning the omnipotent evil nature of deceased politicians,who would have been formidable indeed,had they possessed such perceived,exponentially increasing power...
Southport air show is middle of this month.

I apologise before hand for derailing the thread but I can't let Tels post go unanswered

Yes it was no longer economical to extract coal from deep coal mines when it was competing with imported open cast Australian mines and often subsidised coal from deep mines in Germany and Poland

Yes there was a political agenda from Scargil and an equal determination by that woman to get one over on the miners for previous advantages they gained which were justified when they occurred

If big job losses were to occur in a town reliant on say a huge car manufacturer,it is always right and proper that the government try and ease the effects of closure by trying to stimulate other industries to provide alternatives,provide training opportunities and generally ease the burden on the town

The mines closing would be hard to bear in normal circumstances when the welfare of communities would be considered
What she did was vindictive,callous and completely and utterly com passionless.
Her revenge and the price paid was not just the closed mines,it was the communities and the children of the communities that bore the terrible price she inflicted
A whole generation of the young lived in poverty and despair

She imported a vicious american to quickly and mercilessly close as many and in as short a time possible of the mines,with no care what happened to the communities they served

Unlike large towns and cities,the mines had a almost monopoly of work available in these areas,without them there was nothing,there was no alternative programmes to stimulate any other work or industries or even training to take their place
For many years a whole generation was thrown in the gutter,they grew older with little care to the life and culture that went before,all they had was destitution,not surprisingly these communities changed for the worse and are now not recognisable to what they should have become

She may be revered by those in other parts who gained from her evil but here she is a witch who cast an evil spell on those who did not deserve that treatment,she took her revenge on a whole generation of the children of many communities
May she lay peacefully in her grave and hope that the likes of her never again get in a position of power over innocent people
Here here my thoughts entirely.

That's a damn shame then. That must have been the one that flew down the poppy line at the last 40's weekend I went to in North Norfolk. Apparently the pilot got a -------ing for going too low, the noise from those 4 engines was unbelievable, I can't imagine what a whole squadron would have sounded like. It was fantastic I will never forget it!
Anyway stuff em I am going to spend all morning hoovering with my 2Kw German cleaner in protest. Don't know what Mrs Burnout will think though

Last edited:

I took the FIL and a mate of his last year for a "trip" on Just Jane to celebrate their 80th birthdays - I tripped over the information when researching the loss of my mum's cousin who served as a navigator in 635 Squadron - he was on his 46 mission !

An expensive day out BUT worth every penny!

Just Jane.jpg

Just Jane.jpg
Just Jane.jpg
Just Jane 2.jpg

And my view from my "ride" position as the bomb aimer!

Just Jane 3.jpg

That's a damn shame then. That must have been the one that flew down the poppy line at the last 40's weekend I went to in North Norfolk. Apparently the pilot got a -------ing for going too low, the noise from those 4 engines was unbelievable, I can't imagine what a whole squadron would have sounded like. It was fantastic I will never forget it!
Anyway stuff em I am going to spend all morning hoovering with my 2Kw German cleaner in protest. Don't know what Mrs Burnout will think though

Here you are,this will give you an idea of what my poor missus has to deal with...

When we first moved in to our present home,she chose most of domestic goods,but i insisted,that i would pick the vacuum.
"Oh don't pick something massive and silly..." she remarked,and i assured her,the best item to select,was a quality machine,made by Stihl...

"Oh why do you always have to do this...I'm NOT having petrol fumes filling the house!..."

Bless her,she genuinely believed,i was purchasing a pull-start,two-stroke vac...:p

What's it got to do with lamps? A 500W vacuum cleaner uses 25% less energy than a 2000w one, but if you run it for 4 times as long,
I can't believe you actually agree with that yourself Sparks.
It's not about the actual watts no, it's about efficiency. It's possible to make a 500w vacuume cleaner with as much suck as an older 2000w one and I know that you as an electrician also know that. Which makes me wonder why you're pursuing that particular line of debate.
This is heppening the world over with all sorts of energy using appliances.

I can't believe you actually agree with that yourself Sparks.
It's not about the actual watts no, it's about efficiency. It's possible to make a 500w vacuume cleaner with as much suck as an older 2000w one and I know that you as an electrician also know that. Which makes me wonder why you're pursuing that particular line of debate.
This is heppening the world over with all sorts of energy using appliances.
Well, I beg to differ. MIL has got one, made a great show of offering to lend it us when we ran out of bags for our energy gobbling one, all singing and dancing latest low energy one as is being argued about. Bloody thing was useless, took me at least twice as long to do the stairs and car, and still didn't make as good a job.

I took the FIL and a mate of his last year for a "trip" on Just Jane to celebrate their 80th birthdays - I tripped over the information when researching the loss of my mum's cousin who served as a navigator in 635 Squadron - he was on his 46 mission !

An expensive day out BUT worth every penny!

View attachment 38008

View attachment 38008 View attachment 38008 View attachment 38010

And my view from my "ride" position as the bomb aimer!

View attachment 38011
Fantastic Murdoch, I can't imagine how it must be to actually get in the air in one. I have been in them on the ground, and I was quite shocked at what a bare and brutal sort of environment it was.

i'd love to try a 500watt vac. on my wall chaser. my henry 1000watt struggles to get more than 75% of the dust.

Well, I beg to differ. MIL has got one, made a great show of offering to lend it us when we ran out of bags for our energy gobbling one, all singing and dancing latest low energy one as is being argued about. Bloody thing was useless, took me at least twice as long to do the stairs and car, and still didn't make as good a job.
Well I can't really argue with you on that Sparks.
If you're prepared to ignore all you know of efficiency and modern motors compared to older motors, ignore your own experiances over the last 30 or so years, ignore expert reaserch and the likes of experts like James Dyson because someone showed you a useless vacuum cleaner. Then you are not going to be won round by anything I say.

anyone who deals with dyson knows that they are there just to make as much money as possible out of punters who purchase their over priced crap vacs. "need a new set of carbon brushes? buy a new dyson vac."

Reply to Negotiations going as expected.... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net