Discuss Nest E installed as secondary stat? in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Do you know if I can install a Nest E with the heat link in the airing cupboard as opposed to the room stat position?
System is a S plan with one heating zone, 2 channel programmer and room stat.
Was hoping to put the heat link in the airing cupboard, pick up a permanent live and take the switch from that to the valve bypassing the programmer.
Just to explain that this is for a elderly family member with dementia so was hoping to leave everything as it is and just have a secondary stat that can be monitored / overridden if needed and hidden away a bit.
My understanding is that heating will be running if either stat is calling and both will have to be satisfied to close the valve.
Unfortunately the house has been very cold due to the stat being turned right down or the programmer turned off so was wondering if this may work so there is always going to be a minimum temperature it will maintain.
I have only fitted the normal Nest stats and normally put the heat link in the airing cupboard, not sure if the E model is also a temperature sensor as it will probably be too warm in there.
This sound OK?

Thanks

Yes that will work, the E heatlink does have a temperature sensor in it but it doesn't affect the operation of the thermostat.

But have you considered swapping the thermostat for one which can have a max and min temperature set on it rather than an expensive Nest unit which can still be quite easily defeated by the user.

You only have to switch off the PSU for the Nest E or pull the plug out of it to kill it.

Reply to Nest E installed as secondary stat? in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net