Search the forum,

Discuss New consumer unit install issue. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I read that you can get a error from neutral to protective earth if the cpc is oversized.

the extended cpc has nothing to do with it. you have a N-E fault on the ring circuit which is inhibiting thr RCD. i don't know the theory behind this but i've had it a couple of times.
OK what do I do then, I had all the sockets off, Its passing I.r. what you suggest?

OK what do I do then, I had all the sockets off, Its passing I.r. what you suggest?
Its not the "oversized" cpc. You've been told that. Have you measured earth leakage from the circuit whilst energised? Have you done an IR test of the circuit to the MET, have you ensured the neutrals are in the correct bar. Have you split the circuit in half and tried energising 1 leg?

Now with the new board on were getting a neutral fault showing on socket ring.

In your OP, you say there is a neutral fault. Later you say the circuit has passed IR. Please can you explain this, so we are better placed to advise?

Ive re read your first post... so the rcd holds in, just doesnt trip via the button?

Does it trip via the button with the circuit disconnected?

Does it trip with a tester?

Have you got all equipment disconnected from sockets?

Is it a type A rcd?

Ive re read your first post... so the rcd holds in, just doesnt trip via the button?

Does it trip via the button with the circuit disconnected?

Does it trip with a tester?

Have you got all equipment disconnected from sockets?

Is it a type A rcd?
I appreciate the help mate, wait till I'm in front of the board, im waiting on the client calling.

could even be a faulty RCD if it trips when tested.what were the trip times?. might be cost effective to try another RCD.

I promised myself I would not become bitter like poor old Murdoch or grumpy and mean like long forgotten Tony, so.... I will stop myself from saying anything else on this thread unless it is productive and friendly ??

Reply to New consumer unit install issue. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back