Discuss New van slam lock !! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

You could get them legally on a product being Miss sold and not fit for purpose, they quite clearly per port the product to be of a stanless steel type, which implies that the product is corrosion resistant. A lawyer would eat this for breakfast :)

Good evening.

I am aware of comments being made on an electrical forum.

To state we are crooks is liable.

I will suggest that false comments are
Deleted or we will take further action.

If you have any further comments please feel free to email us.

Sent from Richards iPhone
Garrison Account

Why not take them to a small claims court, they wouldn't have a leg to stand on ;). I would but then it helps having a best mate that's a barrister :)

he obviously browses to know what's been said.
tbh, I think you're the fool though. I'd have had a replacement from them by now and reported to trading standards. as I said this afternoon in another post, I always complain if something isn't right. it's your right as a consumer, and the law is there to protect you.

I gave up on my lock on the end. Was cheaper to get a new lock from else were then mess about with them. Still got the emails and photos
Took weeks to here back from them after sending the damaged unit back

Hi,

The forum states comments of a liable nature.

The customers concerned have been given fair chance in accordance with our terms and conditions to send the faulty items back.

1 Lock has been drilled out and will require replacing, not our fault if he drills it. and the other I have stated we can repair/replace if he sends it back.

Not a lot we can do if customers want to take keyboard to a forum.

We sell, literally thousands of locks annually and as a MLA approved company we have a strict policy in place for customer satisfaction.

We have had nothing in writing to say we are at fault.

I therefore see the case closed.

If a customer wants to chat to TS they have every right to do so.

Garrison Account

Hi,

The forum states comments of a liable nature.

The customers concerned have been given fair chance in accordance with our terms and conditions to send the faulty items back.

1 Lock has been drilled out and will require replacing, not our fault if he drills it. and the other I have stated we can repair/replace if he sends it back.

Not a lot we can do if customers want to take keyboard to a forum.

We sell, literally thousands of locks annually and as a MLA approved company we have a strict policy in place for customer satisfaction.

We have had nothing in writing to say we are at fault.

I therefore see the case closed.

If a customer wants to chat to TS they have every right to do so.

Garrison Account

Thanks ill be sure to advise anyone I know of these products and the customer device offered

So would garrison not send you out a new pair, then you change them over that day, send back the old ones and they credit you when they receive them and they see that they're faulty?

No I asked them that but not willing to do it. Want me to remove rusting one and send back so he could look at it before sending me one out. Total d/ck.

Sound like a right bunch of muppets*

Like the way instead of coming on here trying to sort things out (good customer service) they take the tough approach...... That'll earn them no end of friends.

We're in the process of ordering new vans and were looking at addition protection..... Garrison are off our list!!

* In RWJ personal view.

No I asked them that but not willing to do it. Want me to remove rusting one and send back so he could look at it before sending me one out. Total d/ck.

Sorry what I meant was you purchase a new pair, on the understanding with garrison that when they receive the faulty locks back, they credit you for the new pair you purchased. This way you then don't have the issue with leaving the van with no locks ;). Pay with credit card too as you know already they can dispute it if things go ---- up.

Good morning,
Firstly, I am aware of the two customers that have experienced an issue with a couple of products.
I will say, we sell thousands of locks every year and our customer service and product rate is very high indeed. If it wasn't, we would not be in business.

Just to clarify I was emailed from a member of this forum stating comments of a liable nature. This is why I am replying on an open forum.

1st customer: if you had a garrison deadlock from us it does have a warranty. If I'm correct in saying, we asked you to post it back for repinning/repair. We of course would have been happy to do this. The fact that you drilled it out once the core plug had been removed rendered it useless. We suggested to buy just the cylinder on its own. We will repin to your code free of charge and post it back.

We are more than happy to help, but if attacked with a drill, what can we do.All you needed to do was ask us how to remove it!

2nd customer:Rust on Slam handle kit. Firstly, talking to a competitor of ours will only spark a reaction and give them an opportunity to say an unjust and unfair comment. If there was a faulty batch, I'd know about it.
The outer plate is stainless steel and is obviously corrosion resistant.
The inner plate (finger aperture) is steel but galvanised to help prevent corrosion.
To manufacture this out of stainless is extremely difficult hence why these are galvanised and formed as such.
We offer free of charge a thatcham upgrade black/stainless system we spoke about on the phone, I recall the conversation, you wanted the stainless ones.
As I said to you on the phone, you can send it back for repair, replacement, if your van is not secure I would suggest fixing it shut from the inside and putting one of the old handles back on for the time being.

we would get this turned around as quick as we can for you.

As Stated in our terms and conditions, of which you accepted, items need to be returned, I know it's an inconvenience but thats what we have to do.

I will reiterate that we are happy to help, We are not on here to have an argument, but to resolve any issues a customer has.

also to reiterate, Mul t lock garrison is actually a worldwide brand owned by Assa Abloy. selling hundreds of thousands of lock systems, master suites, van lock systems, key systems literally all over the world. We own the domain name and trade as Emsecure Garrison Ltd. So as far as liable comments go, I would be very cautious to state any claims of taking a billion pound company to court.
Im sure that would eat alive any who try, have for breakfast, tie up in litigation.

Now with that reply to a silly comment, I would be happy to help out as quick as we can. I have no further input on here. Only to help resolve, give FREE valuable advice for keeping your vans secure and on the road.

i also think I read about getting a transit? As these are more secure, I'm afraid that member needs to listen to us about 2 mins to start and take the vehicle!

Rant over.... Have a good day.

Richard Breslin
Director
GARRISONLOCKS

Reply to New van slam lock !! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net