Discuss NIC assessment. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

buzz

Ive tried searching but not getting info I need. Would appreciate any advice as pretty nervous about my assessment !

Test results - We have our test results all stored on ipad and backed up on Macbook. How should I present these to the assessor will he be cool with flicking though our iPad or should I print the certs out and if so how far back!?

Im pretty worried about the logistics of viewing the jobs, as far as Im aware I select 5 jobs. When do we decide which jobs he wants to see ? worried about informing customers etc.

I usually don't carry out the testing on our jobs but oversee and check everything, Should I have our tester with us at the assessment ?

I just ordered all publications I need but kit wise should I get lock off kit and voltage proving unit (rather than test lamps)?

Any other advise massively appreciated.

Ive tried searching but not getting info I need. Would appreciate any advice as pretty nervous about my assessment !

Test results - We have our test results all stored on ipad and backed up on Macbook. How should I present these to the assessor will he be cool with flicking though our iPad or should I print the certs out and if so how far back!?
Was told in mine, electronic copies are fine.

Im pretty worried about the logistics of viewing the jobs, as far as Im aware I select 5 jobs. When do we decide which jobs he wants to see ? worried about informing customers etc.
You have to notify the NICEIC the addresses of you 5 jobs (5 for approved, 2 for DI) once you've chosen then contact your customers!

I usually don't carry out the testing on our jobs but oversee and check everything, Should I have our tester with us at the assessment ?
Yes!!!!!

I just ordered all publications I need but kit wise should I get lock off kit and voltage proving unit (rather than test lamps)?
Yes!!!

No need to be nervous, they already have your money so you'll be fine....

eh?....

so when he wants to see you conduct some tests....you should be all ready to go then...:wink:

crack on i`d say...

Double check those test results unless you have the greatest faith in your tester, you're gonna look a right nugget if he fudged them.

take a leaf out of my book mate...it would help.....lol...

NEWSFLASH:

i have it on good info that our new mystery OP is non other than...wait for it:

JRCproperty.

lol....

fire away guys....lol....

Oi, I have no Idea what you are on about. I know the company you speak of though, big mob in Glasgow, seem to do well, just won a contract for the BBC..guy that runs its a handsome fella too..Id prefer not to be confused with them ;)

"my", "we" - what NICEIC assessment are you referring to? What does the letter from the NIC actually say and ask for? Sorry mate but you sound very unprepared.

Thought I read somewhere you can now only become an approved contractor after a miniuim of 2 years of being a domestic installer, if you'd been a DI for 2 years or more you'd already have had some inspections and would know exactly what's required.

If you take him to the garden job for god sake lie about the depth of the cable you buried or he will fail you before you start, tell him it is 450 down with sand under it and act like you mean it.

Reply to NIC assessment. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net