Discuss NIC Initial assesment in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

pablopancake

Hello folks,

First time poster, long time lurker, please be gentle 8)
I’ve been doing kitchens and bathrooms for a few years now, I decided to get my 17[SUP]th[/SUP] and join a part p scam.
I’ve forked out to the NIC already when I heard about the deadline (that’s now been extended i believe!) so I’ve done a load of searching on here regarding the initial inspection, I’d be grateful if someone could confirm that I’ve listed everything and answer a couple of additional questions please....

I need to have on hand:
Green book + OSG
Part P book
HSE25
Complaints procedure
Risk analysis
EAWR
Current Insurance cert
Current Megger calibration cert plus record of ongoing checks using a checkbox
1. As for the Major and minor jobs, can they both be on my home address or do I need two separate addresses?
2. For the major I’m considering an outdoor socket, it’s most convenient for me to use a spare way on my single RDC board and go straight out the wall into some pvc conduit down to the socket, what do you think?
All info gratefully received, cheers
Pabs

Welcome to the posting side of things.
Hello folks,
I need to have on hand:
Green book + OSG
Part P book
HSE25
Complaints procedure
Risk analysis
EAWR
Current Insurance cert
Current Megger calibration cert plus record of ongoing checks using a checkbox
1. As for the Major and minor jobs, can they both be on my home address or do I need two separate addresses?
2. For the major I’m considering an outdoor socket, it’s most convenient for me to use a spare way on my single RDC board and go straight out the wall into some pvc conduit down to the socket, what do you think?
All info gratefully received, cheers
Pabs

Useful to know the terms applicable:
Approved document P not part P book
HSR25 is the memorandum of guidance on the electricity at work regulations, I doubt you would actually need the EAWR, but stand to be corrected.
Risk analysis is usually called a risk assessment.

Do you need a copy of GS38 Electrical test equipment for use by electricians?

Not sure about the two jobs locations, they are normally fairly easy on this. A new socket is not much of a major job but so long as it is a new circuit it should be OK, otherwise it is not notifiable.

Just make sure all your inspections and testing are correct and you should be OK.
They should send you out a list of the stuff they want to see and the types of jobs, but you can always call them and ask.

Thanks for the replies guys, appreciate it. Any suggestions welcome for other major jobs, I can't do a CU swap because there's no point, I rewired 5-6 years ago. I though the outdoor socket would do it as it's a new circuit in a special location.

Yes it will do fine as it is a new circuit. Then do your testing on it and should be good! I got told that they have to be a different locations but just give them a ring just to clarify this and they have to be within 30 mins travel I believe. Good luck and don't panic!! The worst thing to do!!

Reply to NIC Initial assesment in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net