Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss NICEIC Upgrade in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. uksparks

uksparks Electrician's Arms

Hi,

Just thought id let you know I have just booked to upgrade my NICEIC membership to Approved :)

I can remove those god awful DI signs off my van then!

2. Jdsparky

Jdsparky Regular EF Member

You don't have to put the signs on the van, the main thing is that your registered with someone doesn't matter who and what they call you

3. Pete999

Pete999 Trusted Advisor

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    None
    OMG What next

4. uksparks

lol, makes me look less of a cowboy.

5. a1colly

a1colly Regular EF Member

Don't think my horse can take another rebranding!!!

6. Guest77

Guest77 Guest

Well you will get some bashing for this thread for sure, but not from me. If you become an Approved contractor and get 5 million PL insurance and adhere to all the rules they have, plus join the ECA and construction line and start pricing commercial works you may well become a decent electrical contractor who gains respect and merit. It is tough out there for proper companies and as you are intending to leave the DI system which is a total farce and move up the ladder Uk sparks I genuinely wish you the very best of luck and success, please try to employ apprentices if your company does grow and put something back into the industry, good luck and my best wishes.

7. uksparks

Thank you MDJ, I do intend to still do a lot of Domestic work, but its going to help me get a foot in the door with more Commercial stuff, plus I wont look like a DI plonker who may also me a 5WW. Just makes me a little more credible. I have got a lad I have taken on, and he is certainly staying with me for the foreseeable future.

8. D Skelton

D Skelton Fidei Defensor Trusted Advisor

Just as many 5WWs with AC status. It means diddly squat. Chequebook competence is all it is. Pay a little more and have AC on yer van instead of DI. Me, well, if they want me to display their logo on my van, they're gonna have to pay for the advertising space!!

• Like Like x 2
  9. davesparks

davesparks Trusted Advisor

So you chose to support the parasite of the industry rather than fighting them?

10. R G

R G Guest

All you need is a sticker on the van and a sucker to sit in it .....

11. GMES

GMES Admin Staff Member Trusted Advisor

I can see this thread getting Messy, NIceic+Beer+friday night= FUN

12. Badged01

Badged01 DIY

Interesting concept that you somehow become more 'competent' and less of a 'cowboy' going from 'DI' to 'Contractor'.

Has your baseline electrical skill set changed to enable you to do this upgrade, or do you still change a plug the same way?!?

• Like Like x 2
  13. uksparks

I'd been waiting to get my 2395 result as they wouldn't take me without it.

I appreciate it's all a ECM, but at the end of the day, if I am not in one, I won't be doing much work and won't be able to notify for a quid...

i agree that there probably is a lot a AC who are cowboys, but I'm sure you will agree that it looks better than it saying "Domestic Installer"

14. uksparks

I think my view and possibly a lot of others is that if you are AC not DI then you are probably at a better level and possibly less likely to be a 5WW. Everyone on here slates domestic installers and says how you are either approved or not, so my view is that I don't want to be associated with the term domestic installer.

15. D Skelton

D Skelton Fidei Defensor Trusted Advisor

I'm not in one and I'm happy. Got work coming out me ears! And guess how much it costs me to notify work in a commercial premesis???

Sack jhit!

• Like Like x 1