It's laughing lightly at Dame Despair;
It's looking up at the stars above
And drinking deeply of life and love.
It's struggling on with the will to win
But taking loss with a cheerful grin;
It's sharing sorrow and work and mirth
And making better this good old earth
It's serving, striving through strain and stress;
It's doing your noblest - that's Success!

Impressive...most impressive Paul, also best of luck Ken!

Great news, should we start a "positive news" thread?

I'm completely fed up with the doom and gloom coming out of the radio, TV and papers!

Have a look in the chit chat room. It's your idea, well done. I think we need it.:). You should have started that thread, next time just do it mate. It's a great feeling getting people involved.:):):)

well done mate :) although i think i said that thid afternoon after your interview :D glad it turned out a good lead mate . 1 out of 2 is not bad odds :D won`t be long befor there is a van with your name on it mate. good luck and all the best you deserve it mate

Telephone interview last week, interview this morning and I was offered the job within the first 2 minutes! BRILLIANT! Working for a family run electricians/maintenance company of a good size and what seems like a good company to be in with. Happy days and I may have a cheeky drink tonight to celebrate. Much better than all the agencies I applied to last week, this could be a long term employment.

Thanks to the forum for all your help, advice and support it has helped me obtain this job. The forum making positive changes to peoples lives, thank you and keep it up. Long live the forum.

aye whatever,go and play with your new pals...:p..well done man,nice one:cool:

A bit belated, but congratulations Paul!

As others have said, it is encouraging! I'm still looking down here in the south / sussex area.

It's one of those nuisance issues where job searching answers tend to be "no, no, no, no, no, no, no... x10^100" and then there's that yes which is like a blue moon! However, your situation of 1 out of 2 is most nice!

Very happy for you.

Ken: good luck - I hop the interview went well.

Reply to No more job hunting in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net